Confirmed with Link: RD Adam Clendening - 1 yr, 650k

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
11 points in 31 games seems respectable.

His advanced stats, in a small sample size, are good and trending upward.

Problem is, he's not a second pairing guy so this seems a little strange.

OEL - Hammer
Chychrun - Goligoski
K.Conn - Schenn
Glendening

I guess.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He a power play monster in the AHL. All around offensive monster in D1. That was a long time ago. This is an ideal situation for him. He's been on teams that were too good and where he had too short of a leash.

Feb 12, 2003
Maybe this is one of those Moneyball type of acquisitions for Chayka. I guess it could just be a depth signing, but in a few months maybe we will be calling the deal genius.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Maybe this is one of those Moneyball type of acquisitions for Chayka. I guess it could just be a depth signing, but in a few months maybe we will be calling the deal genius.

It's certainly smarter than paying Michael Stone $3.5m to be your third pairing D.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
He should be an overall upgrade on Murphy. Hjalmarsson should be an overall upgrade over DeAngelo. If OEL bounces back and Chychrun doesn't regress, it's hard to imagine this year's D corps being worse than last year's, even without additional movement.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Shattenkirk hugely overpaid but it being only a 4yr deal makes it palatable for sure. Not bad Rangers. Not bad. Of course there's no way he'd have signed here for that. Rangers have always been his #1 target. I'm sure the Phoenix price was a lot higher.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Shattenkirk hugely overpaid but it being only a 4yr deal makes it palatable for sure. Not bad Rangers. Not bad. Of course there's no way he'd have signed here for that. Rangers have always been his #1 target. I'm sure the Phoenix price was a lot higher.

I'm happy to pass even at that price. Shattenkirk became overrated rather quickly.

Domi and Rieder are due for raises next summer. Raanta will be a UFA at the end of the season, and whether they resign him or bring in someone else, it will likely be more expensive. Duclair might be too, if he signs a one-year this summer and can produce again. OEL, Crouse, Perlini, and Dvorak all need new contracts the following summer.

Chayka needs to be discreet with his spending.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Editing is completely ****ed so if a mod could change the prefix to confirmed that'd be awesome

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I don't know that a 650k deal with a guy who has 81g of NHL experience impacts a potential trade for a established vet making 4+ million/yr.

True, but if the plan is to move Goligoski over we're set numbers wise right? Unless that was Sara just throwing an option out there and not reporting that moving Goligoski to the right was the plan.

Clandening is a righty, I have no idea what the hell I was thinking. Pre coffee post.

Last edited:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
He should be an overall upgrade on Murphy. Hjalmarsson should be an overall upgrade over DeAngelo. If OEL bounces back and Chychrun doesn't regress, it's hard to imagine this year's D corps being worse than last year's, even without additional movement.

Clendening an upgrade over Murphy? You should stop dreaming:laugh:
Clendening is just a right shooting Connauton. Not the guy you wanna dress night in night out. They better bring in another righty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad