GDT: Rd 2, Game 7: Avs @ Sharks | 7 PM MT | May 8, 2019 | Good season guys

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Time to slay the beast that is SAP Centre. Guys need to come out flying tonight, because SJ usually takes a bit to settle into the game. Pot a quick one and lock it down defensively.

Reactions: MarkT and Nihiliste

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Really hoping that Rants' injury on the Burns hit was minor and that he actually skate again.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
What little hair I have left, will be sucked up with a small dust buster by the end of the night.

Reactions: Hennessy

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I think we’re going to come out flying tonight. Too many dudes have had shitty games recently. It will all come together tonight.

Reactions: MarkT

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Like someone said in the other GDT, game 7, do or die, is the scenario we all played out in our heads as kids in the street or at stick and puck.

Win or lose, just put it all out there. LETS GO AVS!

Reactions: MarkT and Avs

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
It does sound absurd. Top8 in NHL.

And they pick 4th overall, still trying to wrap my head around that

giphy.gif

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Am I the only person concerned about Mikko. He was hurt on the play last game. He had to be. I wouldn’t be shocked if he doesn’t play tonight.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
For once I have some detailed thoughts before a game rather than just hype and optimism.

I think Vlasic and Burns may just be the perfect shutdown pair for MacK and Co. They are good enough skaters to keep up, have amazing sticks, are smart, and are both big enough to stand up to that line. I don't know if there's any pair in the league other than them who match up this well against the Big Line.

That being said, our depth (one line team lol) is absolutely dominating theirs this series and I think that's where the game is won and lost.
Specifically:
Obviously Compher had a monster game, but Jost played exactly like he has all playoffs - he's just getting rewarded with goals now, so I think we can expect another good game from Josty.
Soderberg also had his best game and seems to be getting closer and closer to regaining his Peak Soderberg levels.
BrASSard I think was just another case of not really meshing with the team at first, and then the illness took a lot out of him. I think this game is more representative of the kind of player he is, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him have an even better game.
Kerfoot was his usual self - some good offensive plays, and some plays that made me want to shoot him into the sun. I think an advantage of 11 forwards is it doesn't force any one line to be saddled with him.
Also, with 7 D I think it keeps all our backend nice a fresh - we even saw some offense out of EJ last game. I think with Nemo having his sea legs back it will allow Bednar to role all the D even more and keep San Jose really on their toes. Anyone else think Makar is due for another goal, by the way?

Anyway, last game I was going to be happy regardless of the outcome as long as the boys worked their butts off. This game is different. This game I am expecting a win by any means necessary.

Every hack sportswriter picked Calgary to win round 1. Now San Jose is the betting favorite to win the cup. I want to see this team once again serve everyone who thinks they know hockey a nice, giant bowl of crow. If this team makes the Western Conference Final, maybe hockey people will start paying attention beyond just "wow Nathan MacKinnon is really good!".

Also, I hope Pavelski plays, and I hope he's on the ice when the Avs score the game winner - I've seen him score too many clutch goals against this team for it to happen again. It's time for some payback.

SoreConfusedBluebreastedkookaburra-size_restricted.gif

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Am I the only person concerned about Mikko. He was hurt on the play last game. He had to be. I wouldn’t be shocked if he doesn’t play tonight.

I think he will play, but I worry about his effectiveness... he basically couldn't skate after that hit and it was hurting the team. I'm fine with him playing, but if he does and is still injured, he needs to be used situationally not for the 25+ minutes MacK will play.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad