OT: Razorisms

Fly Like a C5

Dec 22, 2008
"He must drink Dos Equis because he's an interesting guy." - Razor commenting on the fact that Matt Greene has been hit by a truck and bit by a shark.

Sony Eriksson*

On the save by Lehtonen - Megadonic or something like that!

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Megatherian

adjective.

Pertaining to the gigantic extinct South American ground sloth from the Pleistocene epoch.
learn more

vofty

Mar 2, 2008
TX
So apparently in a Hockey News article that asked its contributing writers to submit their dynamic duo's for each team....Heika took the butt kissing to a whole new level and in fact got his head stuck up Ralph and Razor's bums when he submitted them as the Dallas Stars dymanic duo. Razor being the smart guy he is saw the farce and called Heika on it. Don't get me wrong I love me some Ralph and Razor but really...the most dynamic duo?

http://blog.dallasstars.com/

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
It depends on when in the season the submission was due for me.

The past six weeks some players have actually deserved it. Before that, all of the players were too busy sucking (and Morrow was already out, eliminating that pair) to be eligible.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Razor: "That was a Rectum Rattler"

Hit by James Neal on Peckham (EDM)

dug117

Mar 2, 2007
Fantasmagoric (to describe Turco's save with the skate blade against Chicago)

renodave

Jan 15, 2007
Reno, NV
We need a thread to pay homage to the brilliance that is Daryl "Razor" Reaugh.

Razorism #1: "Stickhandle through raindrops"

Referring to Mike Ribeiro's ability with the puck.

Razorism #2: "Anus Vacuum"

Referring to Krys Barch's former career. Barch worked the anus vacuum at a slaughterhouse. A classic story that Razor told during an extended Barch fight.

Thanks for starting this thread. LMAO. I'm a Sharks fan but I can tell you, Ralph and the Razor are by far the best announcing team in sports -- period. It's not even close. Never miss a chance to watch Razor on Center Ice or Versus. My wife who hates sports, loves to watch the Stars games just to listen to Razor's quips and laugh. I loved the interview he did with Modano between periods during the Chicago game - "Mike, besides the love of a good woman and clean living, how do you keep yourself in such great shape".

Keep up the good work.

P.S. Hopefull Razor is on Versus for the Monday Dallas/San Jose Game.

Last edited:

renodave

Jan 15, 2007
Reno, NV
Pretty sure he will be.

Can't remember a VS game (outside of the playoffs) that Razor wasn't on the Color side.

Well I'm royally pissed that Razor didn't call this stinker of game with San Jose. Why wasn't he on? Is there a local Dallas radio or TV broadcast that he was committed too. Or did the geniuses at Versus have a royal braincramp.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Well I'm royally pissed that Razor didn't call this stinker of game with San Jose. Why wasn't he on? Is there a local Dallas radio or TV broadcast that he was committed too. Or did the geniuses at Versus have a royal braincramp.

The radio side has always been very willing to let Razor work on VS. Have absolutely no idea why he wasn't on yesterday.

I did lol when I saw him about to throw a water bottle during one of the intermissions at the guys that were doing the VS broadcast.

Sony Eriksson*

The radio side has always been very willing to let Razor work on VS. Have absolutely no idea why he wasn't on yesterday.

I did lol when I saw him about to throw a water bottle during one of the intermissions at the guys that were doing the VS broadcast.

Olczyk drives me up the wall!

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I thought Olczyk and Forslund did a fine job. They were both knowledgeable about both teams' situations. Razor isn't as good when he's on Versus anyway, it was a nice change of pace.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I thought Olczyk and Forslund did a fine job. They were both knowledgeable about both teams' situations. Razor isn't as good when he's on Versus anyway, it was a nice change of pace.

The only thing that annoyed me was I don't remember them once addressing the fact that Petersen was injured. I would have liked to see the play again.

Of course I FFed the intermissions so they could have mentioned it then.

Chad_

Jun 9, 2007
Dallas
The Versus crew, and the NBC crew for that matter, just talk too much. There's a fine line between commentary and observing. Ralph and Razor know that line and follow it, many others don't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad