OT: Razorisms

Ampersand

OMG (School girl squeal)
I just found out that a close friend of mines girlfriend is related to Razor!
A second cousin I believe, I am now badgering the both of them for autographs and a 1 on 1 interview.
Just thought I would brag...:yo:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Razor: "And he goes end-to-end. Totally unmolested. Like poop through a goose."

One from Tyson Nash(Phoenix's color guy) upon seeing a video clip of Shane Doan with his shirt off. "Look at Doan! Looks like he swallowed a turtle!" In reference to Doan's abdominal muscles.

Starsfan24

Let's Go Cubbies
Apr 19, 2007
Denton, TX - UNT
www.twitter.com
Dear Dish,

I'm gonna hit you content distribution clowns with what is known as the compliment sandwich.

When I first signed on with you I did so because you offered every available broadcast of NHL games, sometimes as many as 3 separate feeds of the same game. This pleased me because certain broadcasts, well, how do I put this, are just freaking unwatchable. I applauded your full coverage and extra satellite time.

That was the bottom piece of bread in our little hoagie.

Here come the slices of screw you, up yours, and French kiss my balloon knot.

As a distributer of programming you seem to have lost a grip on the very core of your business. You ( the distributer) are contracted by me (the guy who pays a hefty wad of cash for a boat load of channels that he will never even glance at just so he can watch/DVR Dallas Stars and NHL games) to provide what I want/paid for.

You're not doing that.

Let's watch TV? That's the tagline on your "regular guy" commercial? May I suggest a rewrite to, "Lets watch TV that we at Dish have chosen to pay for and provide for you. Sorry hockey."

You morons have failed miserably.

And if you think you are doing all us subscribers a favor by trying to be the lowest priced provider well let me give you a little lesson in supply and demand. If I demand Stars Hockey on Fox Sports Southwest and you can't supply it, I'm firing your sorry butt and gladly giving my $200 a month to someone who can.

I guess we need the top slice of white bread don't we. Well...lets see. Oh I know., I know. (pause) You provide an easy to understand remote control.

There. A wonderful stacking of positive, negative, positive.
Now that you're feeling quite good about yourself I'd like to burst that smug little penny-pinching bubble of yours by announcing Razor's Kiss Dish Goodbye program and I am expecting an army of support.

Sincerely yours,

A really pissed off Razor Reaugh

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
(paraphrasing)

"It looks like they moved Medieval Times down 35 tonight."

Sony Eriksson*

What did razor say when Benn made Doughty look like a spare? Something like it was a "Puck Jacking"?

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
"Richards is going to be like Megan Fox at an ugly convention come free agency."

Caseman

Jan 23, 2008
San Jose, CA
Has anyone noticed other announcers have picked up on "grand larceny" whenever a goaltender makes a big save? I don't know if Razor was the originator of the phrase, but I find it a bit annoying when others use it for some reason.

Fly Like a C5

Dec 22, 2008
Has anyone noticed other announcers have picked up on "grand larceny" whenever a goaltender makes a big save? I don't know if Razor was the originator of the phrase, but I find it a bit annoying when others use it for some reason.

Seems like other announcers starting using the phrase after Razor started working games on Versus. Guess some of them picked up a few phrases after working with Razor. I've heard "mastodonic" a couple of times this season. You that got copied from Razor.

Chad_

Jun 9, 2007
Dallas
Every time there is a new entry in this thread and I click to see what has been written I see the opening of Ampersand's comment and laugh. I just thought I'd share.

Starsfan24

Let's Go Cubbies
Apr 19, 2007
Denton, TX - UNT
www.twitter.com
026.jpg

Good pic of Razor.

phil7488

We're back
Mar 3, 2011
DFW
"It's about as welcome as a turd in a swimming pool"
talking about Sean Avery's stunt in front of Marty Brodeur

"It's prison rules at ice level Ralph!"

"Full frontal lobotamy!"

DucksFanDFW

Sep 18, 2009
Ranger, TX
Since I live in Fort Worth, a majority of my hockey viewing on TV is done watching Stars games. The one comment that he made that I will never forget (although I couldn't tell you why he said it) was "well, flabber my gast".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad