Rayzor Burns: A Collection of Rob Ray's finest phrases

Squantosawuss

Dec 10, 2010
B-lo
I gotta admit, even though I really do like Ray...and it's not his fault he's being totally miscast on the broadcast team...

This is one of the funniest threads I have ever seen.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I gotta admit, even though I really do like Ray...and it's not his fault he's being totally miscast on the broadcast team...

This is one of the funniest threads I have ever seen.

My favorite so far:

Quote:
The shot got thru and ahumdebrmbub Leino

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
I have to throw my personal favorite out there. About 2 years ago the Sabres had a segment about players visiting kids at Roswell or something and Ray's commentary after the clip was that going to visit these kids is "the most fantastic thing you can awesome do."

I remember that one, it became a mini-meme on the chat for a while and then petered out.

Time to revivalize it :naughty:

SabresBillsBuffalo

May 4, 2010
Buffalo
"We got Brian Murray here standing on the bench telling Lindy Ruff how he feels about the whole situation, Lindy is not paying any attention but boy is Lindy upset."

Ted Black

May 23, 2011
does anyone remember when Rob Ray made a comment about a Sabres' player getting hit with the puck "right there in the blue part of the pants"? :rofl:

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Hey, we had a President not long ago who was almost as bad as Razor with the english language.....:cry:

At least no one's given Ray the codes to the country's "nuclear" arsenal.....:help:

(Oh, and I hope Rob reads this thread - assuming he can read - and kicks every one of your butts!!:laugh:)

Jim Carr's Rug

Jan 16, 2006
Denver
Ok, here's a word for word transcription of Rob Ray describing Hecht's goal from the Ottawa game:

"Jochen Hecht just doughing what he does, throws the puck to the net from any area. Here he just trills up on Kyle Turris, trying to throw the puck at the net, realizing he had Brain Flynn going, looking to try to get to the front for him... and it finds it's way right through the five hole of Lehner to put themselves up two here."

What an absolute wordsmith.

Timbo Slice

Roaring back
Mar 30, 2010
Rochester
Ok, here's a word for word transcription of Rob Ray describing Hecht's goal from the Ottawa game:

"Jochen Hecht just doughing what he does, throws the puck to the net from any area. Here he just trills up on Kyle Turris, trying to throw the puck at the net, realizing he had Brain Flynn going, looking to try to get to the front for him... and it finds it's way right through the five hole of Lehner to put themselves up two here."

What an absolute wordsmith.

I laughed so hard reading this :laugh::laugh::laugh:

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Did anybody else catch it on Friday when he was on WGR and they just introduced him and he kinda meshed some of his words together and I think Bulldog laughed a little. Ray then got pretty upset and said that's just how people where he's from talk. I kinda got the impression that Ray knows everyone makes fun of him. He told a story of getting emails from people in the organization laughing at him for words/things he said/attempted to say

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Did anybody else catch it on Friday when he was on WGR and they just introduced him and he kinda meshed some of his words together and I think Bulldog laughed a little. Ray then got pretty upset and said that's just how people where he's from talk. I kinda got the impression that Ray knows everyone makes fun of him. He told a story of getting emails from people in the organization laughing at him for words/things he said/attempted to say
Well crap, it's a bit less funny, then. Grammar errors and accents are free game in my book, but I worked with a woman who had a lot of trouble communicating people's names and drug names correctly. Turns out she had a tumor the size of a baseball in her head. Incredibly she started working again very quickly after getting **** attended to.

I'd feel a lot better if he was dopey and didn't care about pronouncing long foreign names correctly, but Rob's brain has taken a hell of a lot of punches. That can't be good.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Well crap, it's a bit less funny, then. Grammar errors and accents are free game in my book, but I worked with a woman who had a lot of trouble communicating people's names and drug names correctly. Turns out she had a tumor the size of a baseball in her head. Incredibly she started working again very quickly after getting **** attended to.

I'd feel a lot better if he was dopey and didn't care about pronouncing long foreign names correctly, but Rob's brain has taken a hell of a lot of punches. That can't be good.

All in good fun.

But when you're in the public eye, and your job entails speaking and describing plays and situations to viewers and listeners, you should.... Be a bit better with grammar and delivery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad