Raymond, Rossi, Holtz, Perfetti (draft order)

In what order do they get drafted?

• 1. Holtz 2. Raymond 3. Rossi 4. Perfetti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1. Holtz 2. Rossi 3. Perfetti 4. Raymond

• 1. Holtz 2. Perfetti 3. Rossi 4. Raymond

• 1. Perfetti 2. Holtz 3. Rossi 4. Raymond

• Total voters

J15

Mar 18, 2009
To clear,I know one of those guys are going to be there. I'm just worried NJ is going to take Sanderson at 6, even if I like him at 10
Second best defense man in the draft, not bad value at 6 :sarcasm:.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Lolol. If they walk out with Sanderson and Quinn at 6 and 10. I'll be furious. This is what a home run looks like.

Rossi/Raymond/Holtz/Perfetti

Sanderson

A grand slam would be two of Drysdale/Raymond/Rossi/Holtz/Perfetti

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
The problem is that his game hasn’t translated well for anyone else. There are no good sub 5’10 skaters in the NHL, and all the ones that are 5’10/5’11 skate better than he does.

I think a move to wing is likely. He can still be a top six player, but he’s below Raymond and Perfetti for me, especially if we are regarding all these guys as wingers.
I assume you mean by skating ability, not "skaters." There are plenty of great skaters who are sub 5'10. Not all of them have great skating ability, but most do. When I hear "skaters" in this context, I think of non-goalie players.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I assume you mean by skating ability, not "skaters." There are plenty of great skaters who are sub 5'10. Not all of them have great skating ability, but most do. When I hear "skaters" in this context, I think of non-goalie players.

I meant centers. I used the wrong word by accident. There is one sub 5'10 center in the NHL, Blake Lizotte, and he's certainly not a top half of the league center. If you are picking a guy top 10, you are expecting a top half of the league player.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Fair enough I just think that he has such a massive array of skills and savy and a thick low center of gravity that he will do well even as a center in the NHL.

I'm not sure either that he won't be able to stick at center and be a top 6 center, but if I'm picking a player to be the first of his kind to buck the trend, it's not Rossi. He carries with him the most significant risk, in my opinion, of any player that'll get drafted in the top 10.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I'm not sure either that he won't be able to stick at center and be a top 6 center, but if I'm picking a player to be the first of his kind to buck the trend, it's not Rossi. He carries with him the most significant risk, in my opinion, of any player that'll get drafted in the top 10.

I disagree as I think his floor is pretty high and he can be a versatile type of player at the next level, Holtz carries more risk IMO as do the other 2 guys who aren't part of this group or Byfield, Laf, Drysdale and the German (I'm too lazy to look him up and it's not a slight as I'm German).

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
The problem is that his game hasn’t translated well for anyone else. There are no good sub 5’10 skaters in the NHL, and all the ones that are 5’10/5’11 skate better than he does.

I think a move to wing is likely. He can still be a top six player, but he’s below Raymond and Perfetti for me, especially if we are regarding all these guys as wingers.

Assuming exactly like CanadianSharks here, I have to say to Buch... Just off the top of my head...

Paul Byron? He's one of the best skaters in the league and he's 5'9.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Assuming exactly like CanadianSharks here, I have to say to Buch... Just off the top of my head...

Paul Byron? He's one of the best skaters in the league and he's 5'9.

I meant centers. I used the wrong word by accident. There is one sub 5'10 center in the NHL, Blake Lizotte, and he's certainly not a top half of the league center. If you are picking a guy top 10, you are expecting a top half of the league player.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Perfetti is weird because his intelligence is really high but unlike Rossi he is actually weak and has mediocre skating.

The way he thinks the game reminds me of Marner, but Marners skating gave him an elusivity that Perfetti just doesn't have.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Fair enough I just think that he has such a massive array of skills and savy and a thick low center of gravity that he will do well even as a center in the NHL.
If he isnt a center he isnt worth a top 10 pick to me, his defensive game might be the best in the draft. I think he is a center at the NHL level. I just dont see the offensive upside some people do. Hope im wrong.

Raymond is the best prospect of the 4 the next 3 is going to be based on personal preference and likely team need as its really hard for anyone to say for certain who will be the best player. Personally I like Holtz second best.

Reactions: AB13

CapsFan819

Apr 12, 2020
Rossi's quickness and speed blows me away. I mean just look at the first goal in this video... he just strikes me as an extremely dynamic player who creates plays with his vision and speed

If I were a GM, i'd take him before Raymond, Holtz, or Perfetti

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Rossi should really be #4 after the top 3, but knowing what GMs have done with shorter players in the past, I put Rossi at #3 (#6) on this list.

Went with Raymond - Perfetti - Rossi - Holtz.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I wonder how many votes a 25th poll option of 'No idea - I don't know enough about these prospects' would get.

This isn't meant as a criticism - it's a hockey board and valid and interesting discussion. It just always amazes me how many people here know so much about upcoming prospects I've heard almost nothing about.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
He would actually be pretty bad value at 6, especially when there is significantly better forwards who are a tier above him. People are just overselling him now because he's a bigger fish in a small pond of high end defenseman talent this year, the only true big fish (aka elite talent) is Drysdale.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Rossi is a guy that will be liked more on a site like this than by actual hockey scouts. Hes older, physically developed and there isnt a lot of upside with him compared to any of the others here. Hes already physically built so not a lot of opportunity to change a lot athletically compared to a guy like Perfetti

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad