Speculation: Ray Shero 'inside track' to succeed GM Bryan Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
They don't have a goalie or any semblance of defense. All the wingers in the world isn't going to help them win games.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/teams/buffalo_sabres/

top pairing D >> top line winger

And that's not taking into account the injury and attitude issues.

Myers is just starting to come into his own and is young enough to be part of the rebuild core. Bogo has been trending down for a good 2-3 seasons now and is settling as a 4/5 D. Finding good D is just so tough....and even if Myers is at his peak now, just the smooth skating and wingspan and good hockey IQ package is nearly impossible to find.

Attitude problems are so overrated and injuries are a crapshoot: sometimes they happen all the time and sometimes they stop.
Gaborik used to be a guy getting injured all the time who would vanish in the playoffs and he was a major piece of the Kings' Cup run last year with LA going to 7 game series in each of the first three rounds and he was clutch as hell.

Bogo is a downgrade on Myers but Kane is an upgrade on Stafford and then there's Lemieux and Armia who look like decent prospects

How about we wait and see how they do before saying it won't work?

I like the trade because it takes big balls to do something like that, I love big trades, everybody does. That in itself is worth celebrating.

It will take until well into next season to see how Kane rebounds but he's been given a new shot at an NHL career and he's going to a team that has a leadership core that will not allow Kane to get out of hand like he did in Winnipeg because that team had no identity for a while.

Basically I'm willing to see where it goes before saying if it was a good trade or not. I'm glad it happened because I'm always in favour of being proactive and Tim Murray is definitely proactive. Like I said, if Buffalo gets a lot better next year everyone will consider Tim Murray a genius; it's all about the payoff.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
That's just awful to hear for so many reasons.

I do think that Bryan would rather spend the rest of his time left working rather than waiting for inevitable at home

People said he's looking better (he probably stopped chemo) so we'll see

Considering all the rumblings about a new GM and this coming up all of sudden it sure sounds like no one wants the job

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005

FlyingJ

Feb 25, 2014
I do think that Bryan would rather spend the rest of his time left working rather than waiting for inevitable at home

Considering all the rumblings about a new GM and this coming up all of sudden it sure sounds like no one wants the job

So he's basically trying to speed up dying? :loony:

FlyingJ

Feb 25, 2014
How about you read up on these things before making dumb posts

That emoticon is borderline offensive

The man is going to die, there's no need for that kind of ****

Stopping chemo when you have stage 4 colon cancer is insane. As Murray noted, a cure is not an option.

The emoticon is more directed at you for suggesting someone with such a serious case of cancer had stopped chemo and that this is why he's looking better as if that's a good thing.

Last edited:

FlyingJ

Feb 25, 2014
Tho stopping chemo can result in weight gain, it is not good in the long run. Look at that Aboriginal girl who decided chemo wasn't good for her because it made her feel sick, so she told her parents to stop. Worked out real well for her :shakehead

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

Come on now, stop with the over dramatics. This is far from a toxic atmosphere. The team has a loony owner but the the staff, management and the players will attest to the Senators being a class organization.

There are only 30 GM positions in the NHL and no candidate is going to turn down the chance to run a franchise. Especially one that already has a good prospect pool, a high pick upcoming in the draft, solid goaltending and Karlsson/Ryan locked into long term deals.

Maybe Bryan was told he's responding well to treatments he's getting and he has it in him to run the team for another year. Maybe Shero will be brought in as a "consultant" this summer to learn about the team. Who knows? But leaping to some odd conclusion that Murray's return is some symbol of our franchise is just you having a pit party over the current state of the franchise.

If this franchise was so "toxic" why would Bobby Ryan re-sign here for 7 years?

FlyingJ

Feb 25, 2014
If this franchise was so "toxic" why would Bobby Ryan re-sign here for 7 years?

He also re-signed before the season started when this team was aiming for a playoff spot this season and management was selling hard the return to the "Pesky Sens" of 2013. And with Spezza being used as a scapegoat, many bought it.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I don't think the Citizen would misquote the man himself

The Citizen were under the impression Murray was leaving, there were reports Shero was in the running for the position

All of sudden "no, no, no, he's staying for another year"? I don't buy it

I think they tried to get someone they wanted, that peson was Ray Shero, Ray Shero entertained the idea but turned it down and now Murray feeling a bit better figures he's going to stay another year since there are no other options

This year has been a revelation as far as I'm concerned: the Senators try very hard to run a tight ship but they can't, we consistently lose top players for nothing (Havlat, Chara, Heatley, Spezza, Alfredsson and very soon Methot) and it's catching up to us

This franchise is a joke and it's going to take a lot of work and a very long time to get over the stigma

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Pierre McGuire was surprised when he heard the report that Shero had the inside track

He said other teams were interested in him

Unsurprisingly he chose to go work for a team that isn't a complete joke

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Since 1992

We haven't always been a joke, heck we were elite for a long time

It's ebb and flow and right now we're at the very bottom of the tide

It's fine but I'm done trying to pretend like this franchise is going anywhere any time soon

We suck horribly at the moment, no more false hopes, no more sugar-coating

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Tho stopping chemo can result in weight gain, it is not good in the long run. Look at that Aboriginal girl who decided chemo wasn't good for her because it made her feel sick, so she told her parents to stop. Worked out real well for her :shakehead

At some point chemo can even shorten your life more then the cancer. It really depends on specific cases. Sometimes a doctor will cancel it as he sees it as more detrimental to the overall condition of the patient. Particularly in the case where the patient is already terminal there might be little to no benefit from chemo. Theres also the question of quality of life which is a personal decision.

A doctor can correct me if im wrong.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Eh, I can see where he's coming from, even if I don't agree with the "joke" part or the exaggerations.

The franchise is not healthy at the moment, I don't think anyone can dispute that.

Of course no one's going to dispute that. Not as long as the team seems satisfied with mediocrity. But the hyperbole just keeps getting more... hyperbolic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad