Ray Emery drowned this morning in Hamilton Harbour

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Was controversial on and off the ice, and not necessarily always in a good way, but still very sad news to hear.

Hole in the Condon

Dec 2, 2017
Ray was always good with fans and he was fearless on the ice. His fight with Biron/Peters and the smile on his face when Peters came in will always remain a classic moment to me as a Sens fan. He was solid when he was on top of his game. RIP Sugar Ray.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
RIP.

I mean, I never liked the guy, especially after the Holtby incident and after he beat up his girlfriend. He was an asshole, but he definitely did not deserve to die and his friends and family definitely do not deserve the grief they have to bear now. Especially seeing anyone die that young. It's just really tragic. Robbed of the opportunity to mature and redeem himself.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I’m going to caution all here to remember the ruleseach of you agreed to abide by:

8) Claims of Insider Information/ Rumors & Hearsay: If you're an insider, contact us with proof BEFORE you post. These posts will be allowed/rejected at the discretion of administrators after consulting with other posters, moderators, and relevant sources. Deference will be given to veteran members who have established credibility. It's not acceptable to post that you heard someone has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, amateur/unvetted blogs, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

Choose your words wisely.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
I think this is deemed credible to post...

Former NHL goalie Ray Emery dies in apparent drowning

"Emery, 35, was swimming with friends at the Royal Hamilton Yacht Club around 6 a.m. when he didn't resurface. Rescue efforts were switched to a recover as the hours went by.
"They went out for a swim and unfortunately he did not emerge after diving in," Inspector Marty Schulenberg told The Hamilton Spectator. "We responded along with Hamilton Fire and EMS. Unfortunately, our efforts on the water and in the area just around the piers were met with negative results."

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

VIPettersson

Apr 9, 2018
So cause he assaulted his gf, he's a terrible person? Do you personally know him or just that he played hockey and once got arrested for assault? I knew the guy for three years. Hung out with him. Told jokes and stories with him. Introduced each other to new music. Did school projects together and competed against each other during phys. ed. He never had a bad thing to say about anyone and always had a smile on his face. So this is just as shocking as when Vasicek was killed in the plane crash. Cause these were people I knew as a person.
Yeah because great people normally assault their girlfriends...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad