Ray Emery drowned this morning in Hamilton Harbour

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Yes, judging from the thread's title (why do you have "drowning" instead of drowning?)
Ray Emery drowned this morning in Hamilton Harbour

Anyone not discussing his drowning, or perhaps offering condolences, are pivoting the discussion away from Emery's drowning.

So stop posting in this thread and start a new one to pivot the discussion in whatever direction your new thread wants to go.

This thread's about Emery's drowning not about his career highlights.

Your predictions about possible replies I'd make in this thread - which I won't because you're far into hypothetical land- are irrelevant.

Speaking of relevant, start a new thread, title it "Ray Emery woman beater" or whatever and have at it. Your thread probably won't get stickied though so it likely won't be at the top of the page if that's what you're after.

I put drowning in quotes because this thread clearly isn't exclusively about him drowning or it would have been one post and that post would have been the news article and that's that.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
RIP.

He was a pretty frequent patron of Hess Village in downtown Hamilton. Was always great to be able to be out for a drink and see an NHLer just hanging around like a regular dude. Condolences to his friends and family.
My father was given Emery's crutches when he had a hip replacement a few years back. He also lives and worked in Hess Village and had multiple positive experiences with Emery.

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
I put drowning in quotes because this thread clearly isn't exclusively about him drowning or it would have been one post and that post would have been the news article and that's that.
Skim the first page and see people shocked that he drowned and others offering condolences which people often do when someone dies. You see value in condolences right?

Condolences is one thing, I think there is value in that.
So those condolences would be replies to the original post, making the thread longer than one post.

weaksauce explanation on using quotes around "drowning" btw

Reactions: Nsjohnson

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Condolences to his family.
We're imperfect people all of us in an imperfect world.
R.I.P. Ray

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
There is a time and place for discussing the skeletons in a persons' closet.

A condolence thread is not the place for it. Have a little tact.

Does it need to be one way or the other?

I can offer empathy for his family that have seen the good and bad times.

I can offer empathy for his ex, the senior citizen who was the focus of his road rage and others. If the charges and allegations were true, I can hope they find peace in whatever manner they can on the spectrum of forgiveness.

Mr Emery looks to have had both positive and negative impact on those he interacted with. Honouring him for helping raise money for charity on the eve of his passing is fair game.

Speaking out against spousal or elder abuse is also fair game as far as I’m concerned as that is the part of life story he chose to write about himself. If he really was a decent and reformed man, I’m sure he would be supportive of others speaking out against those issue.

Unfortunately, the book ended way too soon before he could.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Does it need to be one way or the other?

I can offer empathy for his family that have seen the good and bad times.

I can offer empathy for his ex, the senior citizen who was the focus of his road rage and others. I can hope they find peace in whatever manner they can on the spectrum of forgiveness.

Mr Emery looks to have had both positive and negative impact on those he interacted with. Honouring him for helping raise money for chairing on the eve of his passing is fair game.

Speaking out against spousal or elder abuse is also fair game as far as I’m concerned as that is the part of life story he chose to write about himself. If he really was a decent and reformed man, I’m sure he would be supportive of others speaking out against those issue.

Unfortunately, the book ended way too soon before he could.

The man is dead. No one cares.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
The man is dead. No one cares.

He wrote the book of his own life. If you don’t want to read all of it, that’s your perrogative.

I do care about the issues discussed in this thread. Good and bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad