Confirmed with Link: Ray Emery dies in swimming accident

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
Rangers fan here.......I can't tell you how many times I have seen Emery play both live and just on TV going to Rangers, Devils and Islanders games ( I follow all 3 teams but am a die heard Rangers fan.) I watched him grow from a rookie to the man he was until the last game I saw him play. Totally horrible and messed up, I really feel bummed. Feel almost as if he was on my favorite team I watched him play so much. I really don't know what else to say, I'm stunned and as a fan of pretty much all the Metro teams, I really feel like I lost one of my fav players almost. Just watched him play for SO many years and SO many times. Rest in Peace, Razor.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
So so sad. Did he hit his head?

Hard to imagine an athlete drowning in a lake without having hit his head or intoxication.

What a tough break for a guy who made a tremendous career come back only to have his life shortened. Poor guy.

Reactions: Jtown

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Horrible, upsetting news. I watched a lot of him between the Flyers and living in Ottawa. One of the toughest guys pound for pound.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
It was upsetting to hear this news, Emery seemed like a good dude by all accounts. But 24 hours later seeing former teammates comment just makes it all the more sad.

My thoughts are with his family in this terrible moment.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
So so sad. Did he hit his head?

Hard to imagine an athlete drowning in a lake without having hit his head or intoxication.

What a tough break for a guy who made a tremendous career come back only to have his life shortened. Poor guy.
I grew up about 15 minutes away from where he died and have been to this marina many times. There are rocks nearby and I think this is most likely what happened.

RIP Ray

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
I grew up about 15 minutes away from where he died and have been to this marina many times. There are rocks nearby and I think this is most likely what happened.

RIP Ray
It must have been something like that. As already stated, hard to imagine an athletic guy drowning in a lake without extenuating circumstances.

I'm having trouble with this one boys. Tragedy all around us but some hit harder than others.

Reactions: FlyersMania2

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ

RIP Ray

Ugh that is awful. I saw his ex-fiance's instagram post, so sad but it sounds like he lived life hard. Reminds us all that life is fleeting

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Ugh that is awful. I saw his ex-fiance's instagram post, so sad but it sounds like he lived life hard. Reminds us all that life is fleeting
He did live a hard life and always has. I'm living in the Sault now and have heard some first hand stories about him from his junior days

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad