Confirmed with Link: Ray Emery dies in swimming accident

Munch89

Jul 4, 2018
R.I.P Emery, if he never had hip issues, I believe he would have had a much longer career and would be highly touted.

35 years.. damn.

Chicken Chaser

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Mar 21, 2009
St. James's Gate
This is f***ed up, reading he jumped in the water at a yacht club in Canada... you'd expect other people to be around, and um looking for him immediately?

From fox news:

"They went out for a swim and unfortunately he did not emerge after diving in," Hamilton Police Inspector Martin Schulenberg told the Spectator.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Damn it’s tough seeing a young guy pass away.

A little off subject but hopefully Carcillo has some support right now after losing another friend. He seems to be spiraling.

Last edited:

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
This is ****ed up, reading he jumped in the water at a yacht club in Canada... you'd expect other people to be around, and um looking for him immediately?

From fox news:

"They went out for a swim and unfortunately he did not emerge after diving in," Hamilton Police Inspector Martin Schulenberg told the Spectator.

May have hit his head on something and was knocked out. It’s tough to go down and find someone without gear. Sorry for the morbid thought.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
May have hit his head on something and was knocked out. It’s tough to go down and find someone without gear. Sorry for the morbid thought.
Happened in our hometown. My uncle was a friend of his stepdad. Tragic loss.

Freddy The Fog

Don't live in the fast lane. Live on the off ramp
Aug 3, 2005
Horrible. RIP. Condolences to his family and friends. Way too young.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
This sucks. I met him once at Tavern on Broad, when he and Carter were both injured. He was a fun player. That thrashing of Holtby was wrong by so many metrics, but I enjoyed it and thought it helped the team that year. He was one of my favorite Flyers, and just favorite NHL players. The fast start in Ottawa, the exile to the KHL, the successful comeback, injury and rehab, and a win to get his name on the Cup.

RIP Razor, you will be missed.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Just heard he played in Rinaldos charity game last night, that's terrible.

He was a never give up goalie and always battled. He'll be missed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad