Raw/NXT/PPV Spoiler Thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Either it's a short-term thing until Balor is up to bring intrigue to Payback's main event, or Balor's call up is on the horizon and AJ won't turn at all, instead Balor will come up as the heel and Anderson/Gallows actually screw over Styles at Payback.

I kind of wish Reigns didn't drop the title at the Rumble now as there's no way I see WWE taking the title off Roman just a month after Wrestlemania for Styles.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Either it's a short-term thing until Balor is up to bring intrigue to Payback's main event, or Balor's call up is on the horizon and AJ won't turn at all, instead Balor will come up as the heel and Anderson/Gallows actually screw over Styles at Payback.

I kind of wish Reigns didn't drop the title at the Rumble now as there's no way I see WWE taking the title off Roman just a month after Wrestlemania for Styles.

There is so many options for them to run with this type of story. They don't necessarily need to call up Finn for his debut to be put off fairly long down the road. If we assume it's Finn to lead Anderson & Gallows, obviously the screwjob happens at Payback in the title match. You can set up a tag match at Extreme Rules between A&G/Styles-Mystery Partner. A lot of different things you can do there to tell a fairly enhanced story if you really want to. You can call up Samoa Joe to be his partner. You can put Zayn there and involve Zayn/KO with this angle. You could have Finn be that partner where they turn on AJ. I wouldn't discount the possibility of Reigns being AJ's partner in such a match even though I'd avoid it.

I'd probably prefer the Samoa Joe call up to be AJ's partner then have Finn be called up to interfere in the rematch that they'd have MitB. If the idea is to have KO win the briefcase, you can keep Styles out of that match and then have Finn cost them the match but not be revealed until that Raw after. So many ways to book it that it appeals to me just because there isn't a ridiculously predictable nature to this.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
There is so many options for them to run with this type of story. They don't necessarily need to call up Finn for his debut to be put off fairly long down the road. If we assume it's Finn to lead Anderson & Gallows, obviously the screwjob happens at Payback in the title match. You can set up a tag match at Extreme Rules between A&G/Styles-Mystery Partner. A lot of different things you can do there to tell a fairly enhanced story if you really want to. You can call up Samoa Joe to be his partner. You can put Zayn there and involve Zayn/KO with this angle. You could have Finn be that partner where they turn on AJ. I wouldn't discount the possibility of Reigns being AJ's partner in such a match even though I'd avoid it.

I'd probably prefer the Samoa Joe call up to be AJ's partner then have Finn be called up to interfere in the rematch that they'd have MitB. If the idea is to have KO win the briefcase, you can keep Styles out of that match and then have Finn cost them the match but not be revealed until that Raw after. So many ways to book it that it appeals to me just because there isn't a ridiculously predictable nature to this.

I think if this is the beginning of the Bullet Club on the main roster, with either AJ or Finn, the idea will be to put the NXT title on Joe if it's Finn getting called up.

Joe really should be called up, although, if I were in charge, I might wait until after I put the U.S. Title back on Cena and either have Joe, or Nakamura, answer an open challenge on the Raw after Summerslam and win the title.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I think if this is the beginning of the Bullet Club on the main roster, with either AJ or Finn, the idea will be to put the NXT title on Joe if it's Finn getting called up.

Joe really should be called up, although, if I were in charge, I might wait until after I put the U.S. Title back on Cena and either have Joe, or Nakamura, answer an open challenge on the Raw after Summerslam and win the title.

Would it? Or would it be to put the title on Shinsuke? Shinsuke would at least give them the option to call both up for this story.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Bullet Clubs aligning themselves with AJ? Sounds like something I suggested... ;)
It just think it's a terrible idea, and a massive waste, to do it.

You're taking two incredibly over acts, who have the wind fully behind them and are not stale at all, then combining them. While also turning your number two babyface heel on an opponent who has just turned 'tweener. Of all the options, this really does have the least value.

If Styles had finished his title program, had stopped selling shirts, grown stale, and the heat was dropping. Then yeah it makes perfect sense. But currently the opposite is true.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It just think it's a terrible idea, and a massive waste, to do it.

You're taking two incredibly over acts, who have the wind fully behind them and are not stale at all, then combining them. While also turning your number two babyface heel on an opponent who has just turned 'tweener. Of all the options, this really does have the least value.

If Styles had finished his title program, had stopped selling shirts, grown stale, and the heat was dropping. Then yeah it makes perfect sense. But currently the opposite is true.

If the formation occurs by them turning on AJ, I think you have the best of both worlds. However, there is still a way to make it work well even if AJ is the guy leading them. If it is AJ, you're almost obligated to put the title on him. To me, that's a win to get it off Reigns. Reigns is a ratings-sink so while his character seems to be going in the right direction in terms of entertainment value, it's not going to see any real value for the show until it gets where it needs to go. A hot babyface turning to lead the next big heel stable that is actually fresh to go against Shane and maybe the returning Seth Rollins that gets a big babyface pop and push would be a good Summerslam angle to put through. I mean, there are a lot of different options for this Bullet Club thing right now and it's hard to find a truly poor way to do it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Watching the segment now. The backstage segment is way to babyface for THIS to be the team IMO. No mention in the segment of having AJ's back at Payback.

They are going to stab AJ in the back at some point. My guess is for Finn, but who knows.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2011
What? This is exactly how they should be booking Zayn.

He's the underdog. Underdogs don't win, that's what being the underdog means. He will try to win a lot, then he'll losing at the final hurdle. The entire point of his arc is going to be that he tries many times, and fails many times; but he never gives up, works hard, and tries again. Then finally he'll win the title and it'll be an amazing achievement. (And then Owens hits him with a briefcase.)

If he comes in winning right away then what's the point? You just trash his entire story. You don't need to protect an underdog, they need to fail.

This blue print is how you make mid carders, not stars. you can get over losing, but not ALL the time, otherwise the fans lose faith and you're dolph ziggler

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Watching the segment now. The backstage segment is way to babyface for THIS to be the team IMO. No mention in the segment of having AJ's back at Payback.

They are going to stab AJ in the back at some point. My guess is for Finn, but who knows.

This is what I think too. They'll attack or screw over AJ at some point and reveal the true leader to be Finn. Finn vs AJ as Finn's first main roster rivalry is pretty darn good

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
The one time where I think it worked perfect though was Tommy Dreamer in ECW. When he finally got that win over Raven it was amazing.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't that just about how Dreamer couldn't beat Raven? Was Dreamer losing to everyone else on the card?

That's one thing. If they want to make it so that Zayn, for example, loses to Owens and then keeps losing to him every time they have a singles match then sure... but he'd still need to be able to beat other people. If that happens, then the time when Zayn finally beats Owens (and wins a title?), it'd be huge.

Sammy225

Aug 9, 2011
Its written on the wall already i don't know how anyone has not seen it yet... Roman to bury the Bullet club in one 2 on 1 Handicap match..... Done before they really even started

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't that just about how Dreamer couldn't beat Raven? Was Dreamer losing to everyone else on the card?

That's one thing. If they want to make it so that Zayn, for example, loses to Owens and then keeps losing to him every time they have a singles match then sure... but he'd still need to be able to beat other people. If that happens, then the time when Zayn finally beats Owens (and wins a title?), it'd be huge.

Yeah you're right, but I think in most major feuds Dreamer was always kinda deemed the underdog. Obviously you I don't think you want Zayn losing week in and week out, especially to lesser talent.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Shinsuke isn't going to be down there that long. He shouldn't eat a loss in NXT at all.

Well one would think between Shinsuke, Itami returning, Aries, and maybe Roode, there are plenty of options.

This blue print is how you make mid carders, not stars. you can get over losing, but not ALL the time, otherwise the fans lose faith and you're dolph ziggler

Well in this case, it's still early and his loss wasn't really clean either by today's standards. With him and KO doing the program, I'm not worried about them getting over. It'll happen.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario

WrestleMania for the WWE Title. :yo:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
WrestleMania for the WWE Title. :yo:

I don't think WWE has what it takes to book Zayn to be ready for that next year. KO is just about there and him being the champion going into Mania is not far-fetched at all but Zayn being the babyface challenger to be made then at this point is far-fetched. Luckily, there's a lot of time between now and then but I don't think WWE has that in them because Zayn still has to get over and overcome the Vince factor. Zayn will also need what Bryan had in Orton prior to his title win over Cena at Summerslam. Who that could be at this point is certainly up for debate but it can't be KO. It probably will have to be Jericho because there are no established heels that really matter beyond KO and Jericho that will put over Zayn. Could be Reigns if he ever actually fully turns but that is also a ways off. Most everyone else will need to establish themselves as a heel for it to work. I don't think the timing will be there to get Zayn over to that level.

Oct 18, 2011
the problem for me is sami is losing to everyone and owens is also losing alot right now, but i think owens can survive it ala rollins if he wins MITB which i believe he will

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
the problem for me is sami is losing to everyone and owens is also losing alot right now, but i think owens can survive it ala rollins if he wins MITB which i believe he will

Sami can survive it if the losses are like the ones to Jericho on Raw. If it's to heel tactics, it helps build his underdog character. It's if he loses clean to a heel or a similar babyface in terms of standing where it can be detrimental. KO is established at this point and since he'll get wins now and again and has had title runs with the IC strap, he is more capable of withstanding the occasional losses. If he was able to bounce back from the dreaded Cena feud to be roughly at the same standing, he can withstand pretty much anything.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Sami did lose in a very heelish fashion. An old fashioned eye poke into finisher.

Heels are supposed to lose so I'm not to worried about KO to be honest. Plus Dean legit needed a win.

Bad match at mania. Absent from the following Raw, then just a talk segment the raw after? He needed a win.

Right now all the squashes are being fed to Corbin and Apollo. It makes sense for Corbin, but it's an utter waste on Apollo. Dude isn't getting over in the way they are booking him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad