Raw/NXT/PPV Spoiler Thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
But then doesn't that crowd reaction turn them Face????

could be tough to get them as heel after that

CM Punk wasn't a face when he left Chicago, it wasn't until later on when he was feuding with Triple H and Kevin Nash screwed him that he turned face.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Alvarez on the daily show talking about the NXT title change. He's saying that the title change doesn't mean it's a call up for sure.

The plan for Dallas was initially for Joe to win the belt, but they changed their minds for whatever reason (I suspect to protect Bálor paint gimmick). So instead they've done the title change at the house show (which is hype as ****). The plan is then to build to a big match at the next Takeover in June, which is gonna be heavy stipulation.

The dates for reference:

28th April - TV Taping - Three Episodes: 4th, 11th, 18th
19th May - TV Taping - Two Episodes: 25th, 1st
8th June - Takeover (Full Sail)

He could still come up, but the title change was apparently planned for NXT story, not to get the belt of Finn for a call up.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
the only hype have been from smarks....
wwe hasnt even used the bullet club name so far, if you dont count the hashtags...
obviously they'll do it, but they might not even call them that for legal reasons and of course it could just be a terrible angle that gets wasted, but its hard not to get excited (ìf you followed wrestling outside wwe).

ive liked what theyre doing since wrestlemania. story wise.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I can picture Bullet Club beating up Roman costing AJ the match with JBL screaming they were on AJ's side the whole time. Mics come out and AJ wants to know what is going on, and they admit they aren't here to help AJ, they are here to help "this man". Out comes Finn, all three beat up AJ, and continue to wreck Roman with the new Bullet Club standing tall to end the show. Chicago loses its collective minds.

Solid idea... :popcorn:

Marv4Life

Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
If that boring 5ft hack Balor(or Fergal, whatever) is the leader this storyline is gonna fall flat. In order for this to work you need starpower especially with ratings and interest down the toilet. The 2 bald guys aren't big enough names for people to care.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
I want to see Roman plow through AJ, Anderson, Gallows and Finn then drink the biggest cup of smark tears there has ever been. :nod:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don't know how to feel about a potential Bullet Club run.

On one hand, it's the Bullet Club. On the other hand, I've soured on Balor in NXT recently - I don't know why - but I'm just kind of bored with him. Maybe it's because he's a face and a heel run will change that, I don't know, but I've kind of soured on him lately. Maybe a heel run on the main roster will be better and make me interested in him again.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I don't know how to feel about a potential Bullet Club run.

On one hand, it's the Bullet Club. On the other hand, I've soured on Bálor in NXT recently - I don't know why - but I'm just kind of bored with him. Maybe it's because he's a face and a heel run will change that, I don't know, but I've kind of soured on him lately. Maybe a heel run on the main roster will be better and make me interested in him again.
He's a white meat babyface fighting champion. It's the most boring thing in the world, very few can pull it off as well as someone like Cena can. It's even worse when he's a natural heel. If he was a cocky champion then it would be so much better.

But it's also a flaw with the NXT story, he wasn't the focus of anything since London. Everything was about Zayn and Joe. He had that minor story with Crews, but that was just pure white meat vs white meat doing the right and respectful thing.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He's a white meat babyface fighting champion. It's the most boring thing in the world, very few can pull it off as well as someone like Cena can. It's even worse when he's a natural heel. If he was a cocky champion then it would be so much better.

But it's also a flaw with the NXT story, he wasn't the focus of anything since London. Everything was about Zayn and Joe. He had that minor story with Crews, but that was just pure white meat vs white meat doing the right and respectful thing.

That's why I've been cool on the title change at a house show. You had Zayn and Joe have 3 matches to decide a #1 contender, probably around 90 minutes of content to do it, Joe loses the match, and then gets the title anyways a few weeks later with no story behind it.

I'm guessing the real, maybe obvious, thing is that they changed their mind on what the plan is for Finn Balor, and if he's showing up on Raw, they didn't want him to have the title.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
If that boring 5ft hack Balor(or Fergal, whatever) is the leader this storyline is gonna fall flat. In order for this to work you need starpower especially with ratings and interest down the toilet. The 2 bald guys aren't big enough names for people to care.

Wow I didn't know Vince McMahon was on these boards! Shocking!

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

He's really boring in the role so I hope he actually is brought up to the main roster as a heel rather than a babyface, because aside from the demon, there is absolutely nothing there for me to invest in as a babyface.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
CM Punk wasn't a face when he left Chicago, it wasn't until later on when he was feuding with Triple H and Kevin Nash screwed him that he turned face.

No my thinking is that crowds that follow might not see them as heels even though they are as the crowds will just follow what the previous crowd did. And in Chicago you know they are going to get a huge pop

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Observer making it sound like it is now just a questions of "when" for Finn's call up.

Also we might see the return of the authority Monday to kick off that storyline with Shane...goodie.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Of course I'll defend the house show change: it was to protect Finn. He loses in Dallas, then the aura of the "Demon" takes a hit. Joe could lose that, because you know how many times he has lost in a year in NXT? Twice, both to Balor. So Joe wins the title and Balor is on his way, with no real harm done. And you've planted a seed for future house shows, the "anything can happen" thing.

BTW: Balor lost twice in NXT. To Joe the other night, and in March 2015 to Kevin Owens on the weekly TV 03/25/2015 show.

Oct 18, 2011
Observer making it sound like it is now just a questions of "when" for Finn's call up.

Also we might see the return of the authority Monday to kick off that storyline with Shane...goodie.

oh for ****s sake
the show has been alot better with the authority idiots gone, they have change the channel heat with me, they need to go away forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad