WWE: RAW/NXT/PPV Spoiler Thread 3 -- All Spoilers HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
How do I translate these numbers into something I can understand?

ok......
if you bet 100 on roman reigns and you were right, you would win 400(plus your 100 back)

if you bet on HHH, in order to win 100, you would have to bet 290 on him

in other words HHH is mysteriously a huge huge favorite to win the title tonight

S A W F T*

How do I translate these numbers into something I can understand?

The person/team with the minus sign next to their price is the favorite and the one with the plus sign is the underdog. If you have Team A listed as -450 and Team B listed as +300, you have to bet $450 on the person/team who is -450 to win $100. Likewise, you win $300 for betting $100 on the person/team who is +300. In this scenario, person B is the underdog expected to lose.

S A W F T*

A show known for surprise and guest appearances like Royal Rumble is ripe for rumors. Things have actually been surprisingly light, probably due to the Eastern United States digging out from yesterday's record snowfall.

We do have a few to share with you... some you've probably heard, but in case you haven't... and a place to discuss anything you've come across in your pre-Rumble travels around the internet.

So here goes...

• As you probably know if you haven't been hiding under a rock, AJ Styles is likely to debut in WWE during tonight's main event.
  • It probably won't stand in the way of that, but a possible reason for TNA's Friday afternoon announcement that Styles had broken an informal deal to return to the company was to cause WWE to second guess their decision to use him at the pay-per-view (PPV).
  • Another of last week's big newsmakers, Tough Enough winner Josh Bredl, might be used in the Rumble as punishment for his Tweet on Monday night mocking the Social Outcasts. Observer Radio reported they heard whispers of Bredl, who goes by the ring name Bronson Mathews, being entered in the match so he could be worked over a la Daniel Puder in 2005.
  • Dolph Ziggler was on Twitter earlier to tease an surprise return by Scott Steiner on tonight's show in Orllando.
  • In addition to no Mauro Ranallo, Jerry Lawler is telling folks he's not calling the Rumble this year, so expect the full Raw announce team of Michael Cole, JBL and Byron Saxton.

http://www.cagesideseats.com

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
What a silly way to write odds... So Reigns is 4/1 and HHH is... 17/50, call it 3/10.

Yeah the way odds are done in the US is weird.

Much easier when it's just the simple decimal way that you see elsewhere. E.g. Reigns @4.50 which is simply for every $1 bet you get $4.50 back.

But I guess if that's what you've always known it isn't so weird.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Interesting dichotomy when it comes to Josh Brendl, a lot of those NXT guys are working their ***** off and would kill for a spot in the Royal Rumble, and one of their spots (and maybe the only one) is going to go to some kid who got in via a reality show, and the only reason he's getting a spot is because he pissed people off and is about to get his ass kicked. That'll just make everyone back down at the PC more pissed at him.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Having trouble imagining the ridiculousness of HHH possibly winning tonight, and being in some program with Reigns for the WHC on the RTWM

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Bronson Matthews? Really?

I just hope they brush TNA aside and debut Styles. Which I have a feeling they will do as that is nothing but pure butt-hurt.

S A W F T*

HHH ain't winning the title.

I am 99% sure he interferes, but not as an entrant.

Please be right, please be right.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I think insider money is in and Triple H is winning unless a shift happens right before the show begins.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If Hunter wins, I think he should not celebrate and be all "I am the Game uhhh and I am that damn good." It should just be straight up talking about keeping the title from Roman Reigns, and how he needed to win it so he didn't have it.

The Shockmaster

SHOCK THE WORLD
Jul 30, 2010
I hope he cuts a pseudo-satire, self-aware promo the next night opening the show with a 20 minute promo talking
about how he is the best-ah in the biniss-ah while wearing his sick leather/denim jacket combo.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It would appear, based off these plans, that HHH/Reigns for the title and Lesnar/Wyatt are a safe bet for Wrestlemania.

S A W F T*

I think insider money is in and Triple H is winning unless a shift happens right before the show begins.

This may be a stupid question... but when you say "insider money" are you saying possibly WWE employees (or people who are close to WWE employees) are betting money on something they already know the outcome of? Isn't that illegal?

Or am I just misunderstanding?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Smart money is in. Triple H is the overwhelming favourite to win the title.

Intercontinental Championship
Last Man Standing
Dean Ambrose (c) (-4500) vs. Kevin Owens (+1500)

Divas Championship
Charlotte (c) (-4500) vs. Becky Lynch (+1500)

WWE Tag Team Championship
New Day (c) (-4500) vs. Usos (+1500)

United States Championship
Kalisto (-27500 vs. Alberto Del Rio (c) (+1250)

Four Way Tag Royal Rumble Qualifier
Mark Henry & Jack Swagger (-2450) vs. Dudley Boyz (+1500) vs. vs. Darren Young & Damien Sandow (+4000) vs. The Ascension (+4000)

This may be a stupid question... but when you say "insider money" are you saying possibly WWE employees (or people who are close to WWE employees) are betting money on something they already know the outcome of? Isn't that illegal?

Or am I just misunderstanding?

"Insider money" is people, not in the company, but with sources backstage, who get word and pour money into the result.

Insider money is correct 90-95% of the time unless they completely shift things as the pools close.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Smart money is in. Triple H is the overwhelming favourite to win the title.

Intercontinental Championship
Last Man Standing
Dean Ambrose (c) (-4500) vs. Kevin Owens (+1500)

Divas Championship
Charlotte (c) (-4500) vs. Becky Lynch (+1500)

WWE Tag Team Championship
New Day (c) (-4500) vs. Usos (+1500)

United States Championship
Kalisto (-27500 vs. Alberto Del Rio (c) (+1250)

Four Way Tag Royal Rumble Qualifier
Mark Henry & Jack Swagger (-2450) vs. Dudley Boyz (+1500) vs. vs. Darren Young & Damien Sandow (+4000) vs. The Ascension (+4000)

"Insider money" is people, not in the company, but with sources backstage, who get word and pour money into the result.

Insider money is correct 90-95% of the time unless they completely shift things as the pools close.

I've only been paying attention to the smart money for a short time. Any times recently you can think of where this happened?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns are second in odds to win.

Interesting.

HHH - 1/18
Bryan - 12/1
Reigns - 12/1
Lesnar - 14/1
Wyatt - 16/1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad