OT: Ravens win 11th Championship

FireMurray

Dec 8, 2014
I know nothing about basketball, Carleton or the NCAA but I distinctly remember Dave Smart being interviewed on TSN1200 a while back (more than a year ago) and he was happy to go on at some length about how he dislikes the NCAA and the regulations and restrictions that they would put on him as a coach. It didn't sound like he was in any hurry to join them. The only one that I really remember is around some rule that he wouldn't be allowed to work with his players over the summer or in the off-season or something like that, which I guess he likes to do. Anyway, memory foggy but definitely came out of the interview with the impression that Smart doesn't like the NCAA, which is probably why he is still at Carleton.

Well he has it pretty good at Carleton. Highest-paid employee at the university IIRC, has a job for life, and plenty of flexiblity at the program. Wouldn't be the case at a mid-level NCAA school.

Exciting time for Canadian basketball though. Looking forward to seeing a full strength men's national team with all the NBA guys. Scrubb should have an outside chance at getting on that squad.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Well he has it pretty good at Carleton. Highest-paid employee at the university IIRC, has a job for life, and plenty of flexiblity at the program. Wouldn't be the case at a mid-level NCAA school.

Exciting time for Canadian basketball though. Looking forward to seeing a full strength men's national team with all the NBA guys. Scrubb should have an outside chance at getting on that squad.

The Ncaa does have some very strict rules that the Cis does not have that would be a main difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad