NFL: Ravens COVID outbreak continues and it leads to Wednesday afternoon football

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Watch this galvanize the Ravens to a big finish now that the whole league hates them the way it did the Marlins and Cardinals in baseball.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
There's really only 2 scenarios: They can try to play this game on Tuesday and then shift Cowboys @ Ravens that is scheduled for Thursday to Monday of the following week.

Or we see Ravens @ Steelers postponed and they put that game in a week 18.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

There's really only 2 scenarios: They can try to play this game on Tuesday and then shift Cowboys @ Ravens that is scheduled for Thursday to Monday of the following week.

Or we see Ravens @ Steelers postponed and they put that game in a week 18.

I don't know if they want to switch ANOTHER Thursday game...they'd have to bump one up to take its place.

Imagine if this game gets canceled and the Steelers go 18-0, are people going to asterisk the thing cause they missed one game through no fault of their own?

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

Or we see Ravens @ Steelers postponed and they put in a week 18...and that leads to 8 playoff teams, I believe.

8 playoff teams per conference only happens if the league has an 18th week and still can't get all the games in. So in other words, Week 18 is Plan B. 8-team playoff is Plan C.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Best case scenario right now imo is the Ravens/Steelers is played Tuesday and Ravens/Cowboys played the following Monday or Tuesday.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
How is it even safe for the ravens to play this week with how many positives they're getting?

This game needs to be postponed

Reactions: PanthersPens62

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Love to see Florio get ethered by Schefter revealing his source

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
The Ravens closing their facility won't be the deciding factor as to whether or not the game gets played on Sunday. Ultimately it's the NFL's call.
If i'm the Steelers I don't want to play that game. Not worth the risk of having some of their team becoming infected.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Will be postponed to Week 18 and the Steelers will get jobned again. Ravens will escape any real punishment

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
ownership would probably welcome that. It’s still early today. I would imagine a definite decision is made later this afternoon.
I have no idea anymore what is happening anymore. This whole thing has been a shitshow since September
that's what the league/owners get for not wanting to play in a bubble

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
BAL/PIT tentatively moved to Tuesday:

EDIT: Now official:

DAL/BAL would have to be moved in turn.

GMAFB

Will be postponed to Week 18 and the Steelers will get jobned again. Ravens will escape any real punishment

This is almost a bigger FU to the Steelers, they not only lose their bye and their mini bye but now they have a short week on top of it.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
This is completely beyond ridiculous. The NFL is going out of its way to accommodate a team that had someone willingly go against protocol & for the 2nd time putting the Steelers behind the 8 ball schedule wise. Sorry but the NFL is a complete gong show right now.
They will be playing a div foe with zero practice time , and this somehow unfair to Pitt?

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
They will be playing a div foe with zero practice time , and this somehow unfair to Pitt?
First they had their bye messed with.....having to have it in week 4 because of the Titans situation & it really wasn't even a proper bye situation because they were still having to practice not knowing the game was to be postponed. Now once again they are preparing as if game will be played on a Thursday....then a Sunday.....now a Tuesday (maybe, who knows!) and then have to deal with a quick turnaround for a Sunday game again.

And if you will remember, the Titans manhandled Buffalo after having zero practice time, so maybe the fact they were rested (as the Ravens will be) was an advantage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad