NFL: Ravens and Lamar Jackson unable to reach contract extension

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Price is gonna go up after 2022.
Or if Baltimore fails to make the PO in the tough AFC they have the option of selecting one of the QBs (not named Young or Stroud) tag Jackson and move him for a good return.

Ravens are a well run franchise. So if it doesn’t make sense for them to give Lamar what he is asking for I can see them move on from him.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
not sure why they would let him walk but okay

should have been extended to a long ass deal by now, if you could lock up kyler murray earlier why not him

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
not sure why they would let him walk but okay

should have been extended to a long ass deal by now, if you could lock up kyler murray earlier why not him
Murray has an agent. Jackson is doing it himself and with his mother. That’s a big issue.

The ravens wouldn’t let him walk out the door for nothing. They would trade him for a Wilson or Watson type return. It’s a deep QB class this season. Maybe they opt to draft the 4/5th rated QB like they took Lamar as the 5th QB in his draft year.

Or they use some of the assets they get in a Jackson trade and move up to grab someone rated higher.

Bal over the past 25 years since the ravens left Cleveland have been way better run than AZ and most other franchises. If they can’t make it work with Jackson contractually then I can see them moving off him.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Murray has an agent. Jackson is doing it himself and with his mother. That’s a big issue.

The ravens wouldn’t let him walk out the door for nothing. They would trade him for a Wilson or Watson type return. It’s a deep QB class this season. Maybe they opt to draft the 4/5th rated QB like they took Lamar as the 5th QB in his draft year.

Or they use some of the assets they get in a Jackson trade and move up to grab someone rated higher.

Bal over the past 25 years since the ravens left Cleveland have been way better run than AZ and most other franchises. If they can’t make it work with Jackson contractually then I can see them moving off him.
Gotta be honest, I'm not sold on Levis or Richardson and while I like Young, 5'11 is 5'11

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
yeah, this would've 100% been done already if he had an agent

oh well, hopefully he can play like its 2019 again since it's his contract year

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Gotta be honest, I'm not sold on Levis or Richardson and while I like Young, 5'11 is 5'11
I’m not sold on Young either. Has the poise and leadership but no physical traits stand out.

All others like Levi’s, Van Dyke, Hall, Richardson have question marks but so would most guys who have only 1 year under their belt aside from Stroud and his program at OSU.

2024 draft similar in that the name guys are going to be 3rd year guys so the bare minimum.
Caleb Williams has what like 6/7 or so starts under his belt and is right now likely the top QB prospect for 2024 draft. Ewers has what just the game last weekend vs Rice. JJ McCarthy of Michigan gets his first start vs Hawaii this weekend.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
It's a smart play by Lamar's camp honestly.

A guy who hasn't played a down of football for over a year got a fully guaranteed contract. Guys saw that, and are going to start demanding it. Lamar has every right to ask for it and contrary, the Ravens deserve to have major reservations about making such a deal.

Kyler Murray didn't get a fully guaranteed contract but Lamar is also a better player with a better resume. The concern with players of Lamar's skillset is what happens when his mobility inevitably starts to fade? He's not as bad a passer as people think but he becomes a lot less threatening when he suddenly can't move out of the pocket anymore. He doesn't take a beating like other mobile QBs too so that might help.

Baltimore doesn't really have an option here. He either plays on the tag for 45 million, potentially walking to somebody who will give him the money later or you sign him.

I get the feeling Josh Allen at 37 million a year is going to start to look like a damn bargain at the rate we're going.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
A guy who hasn't played a down of football for over a year got a fully guaranteed contract. Guys saw that, and are going to start demanding it. Lamar has every right to ask for it and contrary, the Ravens deserve to have major reservations about making such a deal.
Kyler Murray didn't get a fully guaranteed contract but Lamar is also a better player with a better resume. The concern with players of Lamar's skillset is what happens when his mobility inevitably starts to fade? He's not as bad a passer as people think but he becomes a lot less threatening when he suddenly can't move out of the pocket anymore. He doesn't take a beating like other mobile QBs too so that might help.
Baltimore doesn't really have an option here. He either plays on the tag for 45 million, potentially walking to somebody who will give him the money later or you sign him.
I get the feeling Josh Allen at 37 million a year is going to start to look like a damn bargain at the rate we're going.
Cleveland being desperate and poorly run since they were reincarnated isn’t going to force well run teams to offer the same contracts. No comparison between Bal and Cle in how they are run.

I have a feeling that Jackson won’t be in Baltimore long term. Expect the ravens to get ready for that day.

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

If they want to max out career earnings then maybe try winning super bowls

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
he's 18-8 since 2019 (7 of which came in a season with a severely depleted roster) but sure.

like, i absolutely don't think we should give him a fully guaranteed deal but the narratives are so stupid.

Reactions: Terry Yake

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad