Rating our tv colour guys(not named Hnidy)

Who's been the best colour guy so far (2 votes allowed)

• Trevor kidd

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Ray Ferraro

Votes: 75 84.3%
  • Dave poulin

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • Nick Boynton

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Sawyer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dave Tomlinson

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • Jamie mclennan

Votes: 17 19.1%

• Total voters

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Thought our colour guys deserve a poll of their own as each post game thread has a few comments on each of them. I actually enjoy the rotation as it keeps things fresh.

Let's try and keep positive and at least be nice!

Mods please add additional names if anyone is forgotten.

Last edited:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Poulin and Ferraro have been the best. Nick Boynton has got to go, just terrible and no chemistry with Beyak. The other ones have been tolerable.

Bartho

Feb 26, 2013
Wpg
Jamie McLennan and Ray Ferraro have been the best, imo. Nick Boynton has easily been the worst.

Reactions: Gm0ney

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Ferraro AINEC.

Poulin's not bad.

Boynton, hands down the worst.

Last edited:

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
I like Ferraro and Poulin the most because they're knowledgeable hockey analysts that seem to complement Beyak's PBP nicely.

I also like McLennan and Tomlinson but couldn't select them because we're only allowed 2 choices.

Kevin Sawyer is meh.

Nick Boynton is the second worst. Dude can't stop reminding the listeners of his illustrious NHL career. Almost as nauseating as Mike Johnson.

Trevor Kidd is the absolute worst. Every second word is "uhh".

Last edited:
Reactions: Matthew McConaughey

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Ferraro.

Poulin and Noodles are okay. I'd feel better about Poulin calling Fly 'Nicholas Ellers' if he also said 'Willas Nyelander' when calling Leaf games, but I'm guessing he doesn't.

Tomlinson and Sawyer show some promise behind the mic, but have far from impressed in their analysis.

Kidd and Boynton...have a lot of work to do.

I miss Hnidy. A lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ducky10

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Dave Tomlinson! No matter how good or bad he was I think it's just too much of a mind blow that he is out there doing Jets game. He was my first ever favorite player when I was a kid and he played for Mannheim.

But I actually don't even know who is who just according to the voices. The only one I know by voice is Ferraro.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Jamie I’m not a fan of at all.
Might as well have the fat guy from Toronto, he hates Winnipeg just as much ( Paul O’Neill I think his name is.... ?)

Reactions: Kgame

RRenegade

Jul 13, 2016
Winnipeg
Dave Tomlinson was really good and even has Jets 1.0 experience!
Ferraro was good but he likely isn't leaving Toronto.
Boynton is by far the worst I have heard (Rod Black level bad!)
Poulin was passable but not great.
Kidd is knowledgeable with NHL experience but was very monotone.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
JetsTV Jamie Thomas did one game IIRC and he was also awful.

Ferraro Poulin Tomlinson McLennan in that order have been good. All the others are awful IMO.

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor
Boynton is cringe worthy, love Kidd seeing he's an Oakbank boy but his colour commentating isn't much better than Boynton's. Ferraro got my vote, guy can be a pretentious douche but I love how blunt he can be sometimes and he does know the game really well. I enjoyed Brian Engblom when he did colour the first few years when the Jets returned home, think he's in Tampa now?

Just be pleased that we don't have this guy as our colour commentator :nod:

0dldJ.gif

cam7aylor

Jan 26, 2016
A little off topic, but I would love to hear Edmonds on TV over Beyak. Not that beyak is necessarily bad or anything, but something about Edmonds excitement in his calls just gets me hyped

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Dave Tomlinson was really good and even has Jets 1.0 experience!
Ferraro was good but he likely isn't leaving Toronto.
Boynton is by far the worst I have heard (Rod Black level bad!)
Poulin was passable but not great.
Kidd is knowledgeable with NHL experience but was very monotone.

Ferraro doesn't live in Toronto. He lives in BC's interior.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Kidd just needs to realize he doesnt need to talk all the time. He's a good analyst, terrible broadcaster. Needs to stop trying to hard. Same can be said for all the other inexperienced guys.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
A little off topic, but I would love to hear Edmonds on TV over Beyak. Not that beyak is necessarily bad or anything, but something about Edmonds excitement in his calls just gets me hyped

I know I'm probably in the minority, but I would have to listen to another broadcast if Edmonds were on TV. I like him and his enthusiasm, but it's just too over the top for me.

Reactions: Kgame and cam7aylor

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Can't stand Edmonds personally. The excitement all sounds forced, faked and exaggerated. Among the worst at what he does - in . the . world . ever! (insert hyperbole emoticon here)

To each their own I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad