Rating Leafs Deadline Trades

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I was actually secretly hoping that Leafs could have extracted this LA deal for themselves.

Phaneuf for Mike Richards + LA 1st in 2015 + prospect Roland McKeown (former 2nd rounder last year).

Leafs and LA had scouted and talked a lot so its interesting if anything like this ever came up.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I was actually secretly hoping that Leafs could have extracted this LA deal for themselves.

Phaneuf for Mike Richards + LA 1st in 2015 + prospect Roland McKeown (former 2nd rounder last year).

Leafs and LA had scouted and talked a lot so its interesting if anything like this ever came up.

I believe Roland McKeown is going to be a good NHL'er. He was only drafted last season, I can't believe Lombardi gave him up so soon. Sekera is a servicable D man, but not worth a 1st and Roland McKeown. Ron Francis committed a felony.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I believe Roland McKeown is going to be a good NHL'er. He was only drafted last season, I can't believe Lombardi gave him up so soon. Sekera is a servicable D man, but not worth a 1st and Roland McKeown. Ron Francis committed a felony.

McKeown is a Matt Finn level prospect. IMO

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Still about 5 days left, and it kind of sounds like Nonis has a couple of more moves up his sleeves

But moving Clarkson and creating $5m+ cap space? A+ indeed

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Nonnis still needs to do more.

But has made a comeback by dumping Clarkson and his cap hit. he needs to move Bozak for a Bieksa and first(Vancouver?)TD and Phaneuff for O'Reilly by summer.With 3 firsts in this draft, they claim rebuild year and also slow down the late season surge as Jokinen moves to the number one line for the season.

Management needs to put the breaks on a late season surge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad