Rate The NHL On VERSUS: Year 2

crashlanding

Nov 29, 2005
Chicago
Yeah, I think there are only 1 or 2 games that will be affected all season, Stevedude posted them a while ago. Mostly, the only games that are on during the exclusive coverage are Canadian vs. Canadian games. CenterIce should probably pick those up.

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto
But they (the main networks) also treat Basketball the same way. From Sept to Dec it is NFL and college sports.

Basketball gets shares well over the double digits. That's why they get more programming. Let's not even compare the NHL to the NFL.

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
Im talking about the Playoffs, but even in the regular season it gets decent ratings, more so than the NHL.
Obviously they average out higher than the NHL, but I think you'd be surprised at just how unimpressive your run-of-the-mill, regular-season NBA game ratings are. Stevedude had some numbers a while back, and there isn't as huge a difference as you might think.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
Regular season ABC games don't do maybe any better than a 2.0-2.5 range when the it isn't the Lakers.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
Yeah, it really is more indicative if say, the Rangers-Boston game in Feb/Mar on a night where no one else in the league is playing does that same, or better, rating to determine how well The NHL On VERSUS is doing.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
They should let Emrick call the game by himself. Or give him someone competent like Reaugh or even Pang sounded good next to him.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
One change that needs to be made is displaying the graphics at the screen's bottom during play. Otherwise, I like what I am seeing so far.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Stevedude530,

Can you please post full list of games that are affected by the blackouts due to the exclusive time window VERSUS has(including the games already played if possible)?

Last night I was trying to catch Vancouver - Minnesota on FSN North which started at 9PM EST(two hours after the PHI-NYR that aired exclusively on VERSUS at 7PM EST) and that still went black as soon as the actual game started. I was pretty pissed about that to be honest.

Thank you.

Pepsi12pac

Jul 3, 2006
Shoreview
what is the criteria of a game being blacked out?

I can guarantee you that game was sold out. Every Wild home game in it's exsistence has been sold out.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
what is the criteria of a game being blacked out?

I can guarantee you that game was sold out. Every Wild home game in it's exsistence has been sold out.
From what I understand if any game in the US is begins within two hours from an exclusive game on VERSUS it will be blacked out.

What I am trying to find out is whether this time window VERSUS has begins from the moment their game starts or is it that no other game could be broadcasted within two hours of the entire duration of a VERSUS exclusive game.

I guess it's the latter because the Wild game started two hours after the VERSUS game has begun. And that's unfortunate because if a VERSUS game starts at 7PM EST and ends at 10PM EST for example, no other games could be seen between the hours of 5PM and 12AM.

Hope you understand what I'm trying to say here.

joolzie

Sep 24, 2003
Michigan
www.lolabug.com
Last night I was trying to catch Vancouver - Minnesota on FSN North which started at 9PM EST(two hours after the PHI-NYR that aired exclusively on VERSUS at 7PM EST) and that still went black as soon as the actual game started. I was pretty pissed about that to be honest.
Do you have Center Ice? I was able to watch the Wild/Canucks game last night via the TSN feed Dish Network offered. I didn't try the Wild feed, so I don't know if that was working or not... But it sounds like you may want to contact your provider.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Do you have Center Ice? I was able to watch the Wild/Canucks game last night via the TSN feed Dish Network offered. I didn't try the Wild feed, so I don't know if that was working or not... But it sounds like you may want to contact your provider.
I was indeed talking about the Wild feed which was blacked out on both FSN North and CI, as I also had no problems watching the TSN one on CI.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I was somewhere where there was a dish, and while the Rangers/Flyers game was on, there was not only the FS North feed, but we also got the TSN feed.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I was somewhere where there was a dish, and while the Rangers/Flyers game was on, there was not only the FS North feed, but we also got the TSN feed.
I mean no disrespect what so ever, but did you read my post just above? :)

If you're referring to something else, I fail to see it, so my apologies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad