---Decided by the media---
Conn Smythe
Hart
Calder
Masterton
Lady Byng
Selke
Norris

Not so sure that the majority of players watch more hockey than the media. Suspect most of them would just vote for either someone who had great games vs themselves, which doesn't say much in the grand scheme of things or players that are hyped up by the same media.

ZzZz

Dec 22, 2017
Not so sure that the majority of players watch more hockey than the media. Suspect most of them would just vote for either someone who had great games vs themselves, which doesn't say much in the grand scheme of things or players that are hyped up by the same media.

I think NHL players understand hockey significantly better than people who mostly don't even play hockey and apparently have no clue what defense is.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
I think NHL players understand hockey significantly better than people who mostly don't even play hockey and apparently have no clue what defense is.

Might be, my point is more that it's not a given they even bother to pay attention or regulary view games.

ZzZz

Dec 22, 2017
Might be, my point is more that it's not a given they even bother to pay attention or regulary view games.

Probably true; however, they are on the ice playing against them. You know who I don't think pays attention or regularly views games beyond highlight reels? Many members of the media.

the4thlinegrinder

Jul 25, 2011
The Bench
Players regularly watch and study video their opponents. Plus they play 82 games a year, which I am convinced is more than several media members watch a year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad