Speculation: Rasmussen

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
A 15 goal, 30 assist season would be a very solid year for him. I like him as a 3rd line center, but in a top 6 role he is a winger. I can also see the Luc, Larkin, Cat line being too small on the wings and Ras getting a shot at a supporting role as a top 6 winger.

Reactions: Steve Yzerlland

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I did a 180 on Ras. I was calling him a bust but he is showing strides and I would like to see where he develops

Wasnt really thinking clear when i made OP.
Will ras score 30? No.
30 assists? Unlikely.

Realistically, a good healthy year for ras will be 50-55 points
55 points would he very nice but I think he can do more if he remains healthy

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Honestly, I forgot who point it out and I hate that I never thought of it.

Line 1: Ras - Larkin - DBC

That line would be our best 1st line in a decade. The best part is that it isn't our 3 best forwards either, so we can spread the offense around.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Honestly, I forgot who point it out and I hate that I never thought of it.

Line 1: Ras - Larkin - DBC

That line would be our best 1st line in a decade. The best part is that it isn't our 3 best forwards either, so we can spread the offense around.

It's at least 2 of our best 3 forwards.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Absolutely correct! But not the top 3 :naughty:

ray - larkin - dbc woud be a great line and could have the highest possibility of producing great numbers, but I just don't see it sticking because of lack of depth offense it would bring.

I think it will stick, or at least Larkin and DBC. The 2nd liners should be producing 45 to 60 points. if Copp/Compher, Berggren, Perron and Raymond can't hit between those targets then we're screwed no matter what line they play on.

Reactions: Detroit Knights

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I think it will stick, or at least Larkin and DBC. The 2nd liners should be producing 45 to 60 points. if Copp/Compher, Berggren, Perron and Raymond can't hit between those targets then we're screwed no matter what line they play on.
Larkin and DBC are locked in with each other at this point. Not sure if it was just the rumor mill but if DBC really was that upset on not playing first line minutes in OTT, I doubt he gets knocked down to the second line with us, at least for the first few months.

Agree on raymond and copp/compher not producing would be pretty unsettling. If Ras is on the first or second line, I would be inclined to add him to that list as well.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Larkin and DBC are locked in with each other at this point. Not sure if it was just the rumor mill but if DBC really was that upset on not playing first line minutes in OTT, I doubt he gets knocked down to the second line with us, at least for the first few months.
.... until Stevie signs Kane and Lalonde goes with DBC-Compher-Kane :naughty:

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
.... until Stevie signs Kane and Lalonde goes with DBC-Compher-Kane :naughty:
definitely not opposed to signing Kane but I'm pretty sure larkin is going to be in the middle.

kane - larkin - dbc
berggren - compher - raymond
ras - copp - perron

the second and third line can alternate in playing time on whoever is playing better in recent games and switch it up when it starts to become complacent. Those are 3 bonafide scoring lines with gritty, two-way players. Any red wing fan that looks at that top 9 and doesn't believe we have a playoff spot locked up is just someone who has seen tremendous heart ache from the past 7 years and can't get over it. I get it.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Toews rarely played with Kane. Same could happen with Larkin.

Now they signed Anisimov there, who has played with Kane in the past.

DeBrincat-Anisimov-Kane as the 2nd line?

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Toews rarely played with Kane. Same could happen with Larkin.

Now they signed Anisimov there, who has played with Kane in the past.

DeBrincat-Anisimov-Kane as the 2nd line?
Would have to be first line because DBC got all pissy with OTT for not playing 1st line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad