Speculation: Rasmussen

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
For 60 points he has to play almost a full season at Bertuzzi's first line role with Larkin + DeBrincat. Also has to have big PP role.

In any other line it's impossible.

Reactions: deca guard

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
60 points? Are you assuming he’s beating out everyone for a second line spot? Otherwise it seems more likely to see a 45-50 pt season with some PP2 time.
I predicted 40 last season, he was on pace until his injury. That being said, I think 45-50 is a reasonable estimate because:
- I'm sure he's done more work over the summer on his skating and stick work
- He'll more than likely play wing instead of center because of Compher
- The team will have the lead in more games which means more EN points, Raz will be on the ice protecting the lead.

I don't see him getting much PP time unless Fabbri gets injured again. Sprong is a better option for PP2, if he manages to stay out of the coach's doghouse for once. Everyone wants Raz on the PP because of what he did in juniors, but he's too slow with the puck. He doesn't do quick passes, and when he shoots he tries to turn around with the puck and that just takes waaaay too long.

My prediction is more EN points than PP. 40 pts is OK, if he can be the shutdown guy at the end of the game and add a little physical presence. I'm sure he'll work on that too.

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
He was great last season. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he gets the chance to play on one of the two top lines and produces accordingly.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
If Ras is getting top 6 minutes then I can see him getting 50ish points. If he’s playing more with Larkin and DeBrincat then 60 might be in the realm of possibility.

Reactions: heyfolks and KJoe88

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
If Ras is getting top 6 minutes then I can see him getting 50ish points. If he’s playing more with Larkin and DeBrincat then 60 might be in the realm of possibility.
Agreed. His skating has come a long way which has helped him hold on to the puck more. I think after how last season went hes going to be a top 6 winger. I wouldnt bet on 60 points, but if he plays a full 82 I would bet on 50 and not be surprised at all by 60. He was on pace for over 40 last year and that was bouncing around the line up before settling into a top 6 wing spot.

Given that hes solid on the PK, physical, and solid defensively, if the wings start getting 50 points outta him.... the people calling him a bust arent going to look great

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
I am hoping for 20+ goals and around 50 points. I wish he could be a net front guy on the PP, I think he can be a good screener and puck retriever at this point if his skating is back to where it was before the injury.
I'm certain as he physically matures (takes much longer to fill out for tall/lanky guys) that his skating and overall strength/coordination will improve...My bet is that if he continues to trend upwards - he could potentially be a beast when he's 25-30 years of age and putting up 50 plus pts is the norm.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
I very much know I’m in the minority, and I certainly am cheering for Ras, but I just don’t think he’s as good or as valuable as many others on this board do. I’m fine with him at his current price point but he just strikes me as a half PPG, big bodied two way forward who plays a pretty straight forward game but don’t see him as a big difference maker for us. That is, I love him as being a fine bottom nine winger on a cheap contract, but really start to dislike it if he starts getting 4.5M or more a year. That said, I’d love for him to “break out “ and start to get to that 50pt range so he can be the key piece sent for a significant trade upgrade.

*prepares to dodge fruit*

Reactions: sepster

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I'm certain as he physically matures (takes much longer to fill out for tall/lanky guys) that his skating and overall strength/coordination will improve...My bet is that if he continues to trend upwards - he could potentially be a beast when he's 25-30 years of age and putting up 50 plus pts is the norm.
This year is going to be big in my opinion. I would like to see him take another step. Ras becoming the kind of player some of us are throwing around would be a big development for the team as a top 6 winger.

Reactions: FMichael

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I very much know I’m in the minority, and I certainly am cheering for Ras, but I just don’t think he’s as good or as valuable as many others on this board do. I’m fine with him at his current price point but he just strikes me as a half PPG, big bodied two way forward who plays a pretty straight forward game but don’t see him as a big difference maker for us. That is, I love him as being a fine bottom nine winger on a cheap contract, but really start to dislike it if he starts getting 4.5M or more a year. That said, I’d love for him to “break out “ and start to get to that 50pt range so he can be the key piece sent for a significant trade upgrade.

It's a valid opinion, I don't think you should feel bad by any means. I hope people don't attack it with fruit. I am hopeful Ras is more, I see the path to it, but I could be totally wrong. Not all of these guys develop the same way. I hope for our sake he is more, we need more of those kind of players to get out of the rebuild.

Last edited:

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I am hoping for 20+ goals and around 50 points. I wish he could be a net front guy on the PP, I think he can be a good screener and puck retriever at this point if his skating is back to where it was before the injury.
He is been always good at net front, don't know why Wings don't use him much like that.
Don't know why they never tried him on first line, I whoud
Rasmussen Larkin Cat
Campher Copp Raymond
Berggren Fabbri Perron
If Veleno not signed then
Kostin Kasper Fisher

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

That opinion is completely fine but 45 point players who are physical, can play wing or center, big bodied and a two way game make much more than 1.4 million. I'm not saying hes a 4.5 million a year guy, but when the cap goes up this off season, dont be surprised if he gets a decent chunk of change either

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
60 points is bold! I like it. I'll be rooting him and your optimize on all year long!

He looked good with Copp/Perron and I think that line should stay together.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I'm hoping to see 50 points from Ras this year, would be a huge contributor on both sides of the ice if he did that.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I’m a huge fan of his and truly believe he will be a late bloomer with a few 60-70P seasons. Kind of like Getzlaf/Pavelski hybrid.

I think he hits 45-50P this season assuming he stays healthy. Mini-breakout year.

Reactions: WF19
Oct 18, 2006
I just hope he’s fully fit. There was very little talk about his injury, it was all kept very quiet. I think if he gets PP time he could crack 50 points. He should be utilised on the PP because his strengths are suited to it, but he’s never really had much of an opportunity.

he was an absolute beast last season, so strong on the puck down low. He was really coming into his own.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
He is been always good at net front, don't know why Wings don't use him much like that.
Don't know why they never tried him on first line, I whoud
Rasmussen Larkin Cat
Campher Copp Raymond
Berggren Fabbri Perron
If Veleno not signed then
Kostin Kasper Fisher
He was good net front in juniors because of size, he absolutely sucks on the PP net front in the NHL. He doesn't have fast enough hands, and tries to turn all the way around with his whole body with the puck. That just takes waaay too long.

Also, he was on the first line last season for a bit when DBoss couldn't take faceoffs. Didn't look entirely out of place, but he needs to take another giant step this offseason to be a first liner.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Because we have been tanking. I think when those purposes are full behind, they'll start using many guys on these roles they should be used.

So far, evolving-hockey estimates 3.6M for Rasmussen with mid-term deals.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00