Rasmussen high sticks Krejci forcing him to leave the game (UPD - 2 game suspension)

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Obviously as a Wings fan I'm biased, but I had a hard time even finding a clip of it this morning because in the game it was so inconsequential.

If Krejci plays the rest of the game this doesn't even get a second look. Fine, two games for this. But then you look at Kuznetzov and Tkachuk and wtf???

The NHL gives way too much weight to if there's an injury or not. To be clear I'm not saying they shouldn't consider injury, but if by some fluke a guy didn't get his eyeball skewered or neck broken on a dangerous play doesn't mean it wasn't worthy of suspension.

That wasn't a butt end. He got suspended for the high stick.
Doesn't mean he didn't butt end him as well. Krejci was lying on the floor in the tunnel (my ST are on the tunnel) clutching his gut. Krejci isn't one for drama, so he was hurting.

Oh, you cannot hit other players in the head with your stick.

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
Doesn't mean he didn't butt end him as well. Krejci was lying on the floor in the tunnel (my ST are on the tunnel) clutching his gut. Krejci isn't one for drama, so he was hurting.

Actually, you can as long as it does not cause an injury. Penalizing consequences not the intent is the problem.

Reactions: Realgud

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004

The butt end of Rasmussen's stick is barely protruding from his glove and it contacts Krejci's arm. That's not a butt end. Krejci was probably in pain because he just got hit by a big guy and took a stick to the head.

Feel free to quote the part of my post where I said you can hit other players in the head with your stick.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
They admit that injury does play a factor. When Kuz slashed someone in the face (sorry forgot who it was) that player wasn't injured. This one was not malicious intent to hurt Krejci, but it was reckless as hell. I just hate when players are reckless with their stick. This was total BS by Rasmussen. I hope he thinks long and hard during his time off about what he did.

This is why I want all my players to keep a packet of ketchup in their gloves so when they get hit like this and they fall down, cover their face, and squirt some "blood" on their face.. Could probably get Evander Kane suspended by this.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Lost all the Bruins sympathy thanks to this.

Biggest joke of the year.

- CLEAN HIT will cause an injury (something for the hand).
- HIGH-STICK was called right and 2+2, stick will hit hard on the helmet/visor, best protected part of the player.

That didn't cause anything else than Game-winning goal on the PP. That was enough. You should be f***ing happy about that and that 5-1 win. It was just right without any suspension.

Bruins can't do any better than this? Lose again on the finals at game7 overtime, you weak asses.

I could have rooting for you like latest years, but not anymore, if you puzzies need this kind referee help and "safety" department shit after all dirty tricks your own players have done in the past.

The revenge will come.

Last edited:

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
The butt end of Rasmussen's stick is barely protruding from his glove and it contacts Krejci's arm. That's not a butt end. Krejci was probably in pain because he just got hit by a big guy and took a stick to the head.

Feel free to quote the part of my post where I said you can hit other players in the head with your stick.
Barely protruding from his glove - that is text book but-ending. And it is way more dangerous than Slashing. As someone whom has received a few... just trust me. There's a reason why they rarely ever happen anymore, because you're taught how dangerous they are. And all you need is a half inch. up there with purposeful head hunting.
Maybe not this play... but I've seen guys really injured. A guy broke two of my ribs with a buttend back in the day.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
Barely protruding from his glove - that is text book but-ending. And it is way more dangerous than Slashing. As someone whom has received a few... just trust me. There's a reason why they rarely ever happen anymore, because you're taught how dangerous they are. And all you need is a half inch. up there with purposeful head hunting.
Maybe not this play... but I've seen guys really injured. A guy broke two of my ribs with a buttend back in the day.
Yes barely protruding from his glove. As in his glove is at the end of his stick. That's not textbook butt ending. And as I said before Rasmussen hits him in the arm with his glove.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
Two games would be fine if they used that standard consistently.
Yup.

It's worth noting that Rasmussen has no previous fines or suspensions.

2 games for that reckless play on a player with no history is a completely new standard.

In Kuznetzov's suspension the DoPS specifically mentions that it was not careless use of the stick. It was an intentional swing towards an opponent. Whereas on Rasmussen's suspension the DoPS agrees there was no intent to injure but it was reckless use of stick.

Intentional slash to players face = 1 game
Reckless use of stick hitting player on the head = 2 games

Last edited:

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Bit of a punk to run Krejci of all players there. Well deserved suspension and fortunate Frederic is too scared to escalate the issue.

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012
Lost all the Bruins sympathy thanks to this.

Biggest joke of the year.

- CLEAN HIT will cause an injury (something for the hand).
- HIGH-STICK was called right and 2+2, stick will hit hard on the helmet/visor, best protected part of the player.

That didn't cause anything else than Game-winning goal on the PP. That was enough. You should be f***ing happy about that and that 5-1 win. It was just right without any suspension.

Bruins can't do any better than this? Lose again on the finals at game7 overtime, you weak asses.

I could have rooting for you like latest years, but not anymore, if you puzzies need this kind referee help and "safety" department shit after all dirty tricks your own players have done in the past.

The revenge will come.
Is this some kind of meme?

Reactions: Bridges31

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I dont really care that thats a suspension, it probably should be. But when you see Kuznetzoff last week get a game for a way worse but similar incident, or repeat offender Tkachuk only get 5K for a stick to the head against Dallas last year, it really makes you think star power comes into play for the DOPS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad