Rasmussen high sticks Krejci forcing him to leave the game (UPD - 2 game suspension)

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
didn’t look terrible but krejci got hurt.
also don’t think it was intentional but you gotta control your stick man. Good fine or at most 1 game

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Should be multiple games. Rasmussen needs to learn to disguise his cheap shots. You know, Luke Krejci.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
It's at least reckless, but hard to guage any intent based on that clip...i can't see why he'd want to wack him in the head like that though...

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i don't even think he was going for the high stick, he wanted one of those gross checks where you lever back for the "slew foot" like zadorov did to kotkaniemi a couple years back and he mistimed it

pretty solid buttend to boot

Reactions: PlayMakers

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Should be multiple games in the least.

But if Kuznetsov's baseball swing to the head yielded one game, don't think we can expect much out of this.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Gotta be in control of your stick but let's not pretend this was Chris Simon 2.0.

1 game. I would even be okay with 2 or 3 to help set the tone early that high stick infractions that result in an injury won't be tolerated.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Dude had a real clown game. A suspension should help the Red Wings, and maybe Rasmussen himself.

So obsessed lol
It’s a supplementary discipline thread related to purposefully clubbing players in the head with your stick. The Tkachuk incident is relevant context for the eventual DOPS discussion.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
They admit that injury does play a factor. When Kuz slashed someone in the face (sorry forgot who it was) that player wasn't injured. This one was not malicious intent to hurt Krejci, but it was reckless as hell. I just hate when players are reckless with their stick. This was total BS by Rasmussen. I hope he thinks long and hard during his time off about what he did.

Reactions: Ladyfan

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
I've seen things WAY worse than that going completely unnoticed, even without a minor penalty.

Random suspension is random. Not like it will affect my team anyway.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
ras has his dumb moments and this was one of them . ide say completely accidental but that doesnt matter as wether it was accidental or intended it still has the same possibly real dangerous affect upon krejci , doesnt matter if krejci was injured or not a stick to head play has to be dealt with . i agree with 2 games

Last edited:

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Obviously as a Wings fan I'm biased, but I had a hard time even finding a clip of it this morning because in the game it was so inconsequential.

If Krejci plays the rest of the game this doesn't even get a second look. Fine, two games for this. But then you look at Kuznetzov and Tkachuk and wtf???

The NHL gives way too much weight to if there's an injury or not. To be clear I'm not saying they shouldn't consider injury, but if by some fluke a guy didn't get his eyeball skewered or neck broken on a dangerous play doesn't mean it wasn't worthy of suspension.

Good.
butt end and high stick. Cheap shot.
That wasn't a butt end. He got suspended for the high stick.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00