Injury Report: Rasmus Sandin Neck injury - placed on IR

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Said during the broadcast.

Hopefully it's just a stiff neck and not more serious the neck is not where you want an injury

Last edited by a moderator:

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
I can’t find anything that shows what might have happened. Hope he’s ok. One game before Xmas break

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I think his last shift was his assist on the Matthews goal. Must have happened earlier in the game, he looked fine on the PP. hopefully it’s nothing

Reactions: saffronleaf

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
bah .......... give hima week off ,
we shouldnt/dont need him against phily. team should be running laps around ristolinen

Reactions: kb

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
When is the earliest he can be reactivated? Is the IR retroactive to the last game?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
When is the earliest he can be reactivated? Is the IR retroactive to the last game?

7 days from date of injury. So probably not miss much due to holiday season.
So maybe miss Tuesday's game?

In the event that a player is injured and a Club wishes to place him on the Injured Reserve List the Club must follow these procedures:

1. A club may place a player on the Injured Reserve List if such player is injured, disabled or ill and unable to perform his duties as a hockey player after having passed the Club's initial physical examination in that season.
  2. A player who has an injury that renders him physically unable to play for a minumum of seven days after that date of the injury can be placed on the Club's Injured Reserve List. Once a player is placed on the list, the Club may replace said player on its NHL roster with another player. All determinations that a player has suffered an injury warranting injured reserve status must be made by the Club's medical staff and in accordance with the Club's medical standards.
  3. A player placed on Injured Reserve is ineligible to compete in NHL games for a period of not less than seven days.
  4. Players on Injured Reserve may attend Club meetings and meals, travel with the Club and participate in practice sessions.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
We'll see if he joins the team on the road trip. Think the d pairs need an adjustment with him out. Didn't like Benn with Liljegren and Brodie should take over for Gio on the shutdown pair. Giordano is looking burnt out.

Brodie Holl
Gio Liljegren
Benn Timmins

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Imagine what an 80 point scorer norris e.karlsson would do with us....... He would score 96 points and run the pp1 unit like oil ran the tv.series dallas back in the 80's period.

Reactions: Its not your fault

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

Earlier in the game, he had taken a stick to his neck and didn’t think anything of it until things got progressively worse.

“My neck got swollen and I started to get blurry in my vision,” Sandin explained on Wednesday. “Probably from the swelling in my neck it was attached to a nerve or something like that.”

That’s when the Leafs pulled Sandin from the game as a precaution and have been very careful with the defenseman since injury took place.

Once the swelling went down, so too did the issue. Sandin has been a full participant at practice over the last couple of days since the team returned from the holiday break.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Our defensive play has really fallen off without him. I doubt it is the true reason, but interesting to see it play out on the ice when he is not there. I don't feel he is that much of a difference maker, but it is an odd trend that we were not good at the start of the season when he was rusty, and now with him out we look like we are in shambles (in our head lol).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad