Prospect Info: Rasmus Ristolainen (2013, 8th) – '14-15: Buffalo #55 (NHL) – 2015: Graduated

Status
Not open for further replies.

French Connection

Aug 16, 2007
How many right handed D men is that now? The consensus was to add right handers due to the abundance of left handers, but the dial has swung to far and needs to be brought back. This team is very confusing with their draft philosophy.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
And if he develops, it sure might lighten the impact of dealing Myers if he can't get it together. Yes, I went there.

rsg87

Apr 1, 2011
15 points in 50 something games.. yeah huge blue liner and potential franchise player? Is this a joke?

Those numbers are from the Finnish elite league...BIG difference in point totals than in the CHL. He played against men too and didn't look out of place. He has a chance play early.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Keep one of the smartest european defensemen of all time, Numminen around to help his kid and he will fill in some of his weaknesses pretty darn well.

Barkkonen

May 10, 2011
He definately needs to play in AHL next season, no point staying in finland and learning bad habits in larger rink. ****** army just go chase your dreams.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
He definately needs to play in AHL next season, no point staying in finland and learning bad habits in larger rink. ****** army just go chase your dreams.
Totally agree. Rasmus is so weird Finnish dman...look, he is big, huge shot and can clean crease and play physical. I want to see this guy in National Team jersey one day.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Congrats on your fine understanding of top-level European leagues and the teenagers who play in them.
I have never been a fan of Europeans, so I don't really bother following players oversea's. I was looking for players who can contribute right away. I guess they have big expectations with Grigorenko to want to build around him on offense.

I'm hoping these defensive players picked is the precurser to a big trade for offense with the massive amount of defense men in the pipeline now.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I'm a fan of Ristolainen. Very untypical for a Finnish dman, and this is not a knock on him in any way. Working with Teppo will do him a lot of good. He's a good prospect, you guys.

Imagining Defeat

Dec 16, 2007
Satellite of Love
I have never been a fan of Europeans, so I don't really bother following players oversea's. I was looking for players who can contribute right away. I guess they have big expectations with Grigorenko to want to build around him on offense.

I'm hoping these defensive players picked is the precurser to a big trade for offense with the massive amount of defense men in the pipeline now.

You do realize that only a few players each year do that from a given draft?

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

Ristolainen is closer to contributing than most everyone else in the draft. He's been playing against adult men in a top-level European league the past two years, at the age of 17 and 18.

Someone on defense will be traded, if not now then obviously in the future. Wouldn't be surprised to see Myers on the market now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad