Prospect Info: Rasmus Ristolainen (2013, 8th) – '14-15: Buffalo #55 (NHL) – 2015: Graduated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Agreed. We don't take any big risks on with this pick, but we're getting a good top 4 guy who would've been available via other means. This isn't the kind of player you try to get to the top of the draft for.

I think the rebuild loses a little ground with this one.

Competition is not a bad thing.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I didn't realize that the Buffalo Sabres were so awesome on offense, I guess wingers aren't needed. Darcy talking about finding a franchise player. HE IS NOT IT.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
Agreed. We don't take any big risks on with this pick, but we're getting a good top 4 guy who would've been available via other means. This isn't the kind of player you try to get to the top of the draft for.

I think the rebuild loses a little ground with this one.

So they took a step back because they picked a guy who can man the blueline for the next 10 years?

how horrible.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
So they took a step back because they picked a guy who can man the blueline for the next 10 years?

how horrible.

Mark Pysyk can man the blueline for the next ten years. Anybody can meet that standard. The question is can Risto lift the Sabres to the next level?

Young Robyn Regehr is not the guy you go for with a high pick when you're rebuilding.

And I say they took a step back only because of the number of teams who are definitely getting higher impact players than us. It's not like the Sabres improve and nobody else does.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Mark Pysyk can man the blueline for the next ten years. Anybody can meet that standard. The question is can Risto lift the Sabres to the next level?

Young Robyn Regehr is not the guy you go for with a high pick when you're rebuilding.

And I say they took a step back only because of the number of teams who are definitely getting higher impact players than us. It's not like the Sabres improve and nobody else does.

He's not Robyn Regehr. He's also not Sidney Crosby... if Sidney Crosby himself can even lift a team to the next level.

Karate Johnson*

Clearly we didn't have a high enough pick to draft the impact player you're looking for.

It's not like we drafted him 3rd and passed on Droiun and Jones

8th is not the pick to draft lock top end talent.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Rivet52

Oct 10, 2008
Buffalo, NY
Not familiar with Ristolainen. I'll take all of your words that he's a good pick for us. Another right-handed shot. Of course I'm hoping Myers still finds himself and we have Pysyk too. I like the fact Ristolainen seems to play hard and has a hard shot. Have to love his size too. Now we have prospects on defense like Ristolainen, McNabb, Pysyk, and McCabe to go along with Myers, Ehrhoff, Sekera, and Weber on the roster in the future. Not too shabby. Could still move Sekera.

I kind of wanted Nichushkin, I won't lie.

Last edited:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Big? Yes
Mean? Yes
Strong Defensively? Yes
Booming Slapper? Yes
Good Passer? Yes
Good Offensive Awareness? Yes

Sounds terrible to me... potential top pairing player, potential #1 defenseman.

Models game after: Shea Weber. Makes sense, right? He has the tools to play that style of game, whether as good as Weber or not, he has the tools. We were picking 8th overall and we weren't 'lucky' enough to have Lindholm or Monahan fall to us. What better option was there than the BPA and second-best defensive prospect? Nichushkin? Just you wait and see. If you guys who are complaining haven't seen Nichushkin play a few games do yourself a favor and do so, I can get you the links.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Big? Yes
Mean? Yes
Strong Defensively? Yes
Booming Slapper? Yes
Good Passer? Yes
Good Offensive Awareness? Yes

Sounds terrible to me... potential top pairing player, potential #1 defenseman.

Models game after: Shea Weber. Makes sense, right? He has the tools to play that style of game, whether as good as Weber or not, he has the tools. We were picking 8th overall and we weren't 'lucky' enough to have Lindholm or Monahan fall to us. What better option was there than the BPA and second-best defensive prospect? Nichushkin? Just you wait and see. If you guys who are complaining haven't seen Nichushkin play a few games do yourself a favor and do so, I can get you the links.

Nicely put.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
15 points in 50 something games.. yeah huge blue liner and potential franchise player? Is this a joke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad