Youtube: Rasmus Andersson vs Darnell Nurse

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Is there anything that Nurse can't do? Happy that Edmonton got him.

Not a fan of the showboating, but sometimes your emotions get to you.

Surprised that more fights didn't occur. Would have liked to seen Moroz and Smith. Too bad Mitchell (what a truculent first name) suffered a hand injury.

Last edited:

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Nurse even gave Andersson an out, he should have taken it.

Not a fan of the showboating, but sometimes your emotions get to you.

His out was letting him going but laughing at him and face washing him, and the pounding was easy for him, then to show boat after beating a clear non fighter? If he beat up a proven guy, that's something to be pumped for. Hope Nurse fights a guy like... I don't know.. Jordin Tootoo, gets his lunch fed and then Jordin stands over him yelling, laughing and fist pumping.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
A little backstory: Andersson and Nurse were chirping the whole game, and have played against each other for years in the OHL. It's clear Nurse gave him more than enough chances to back down.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
A little backstory: Andersson and Nurse were chirping the whole game, and have played against each other for years in the OHL. It's clear Nurse gave him more than enough chances to back down.

We just got Andersson on the Colts last year from Sweden.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
He goes after Nurse looking for a fight, and Nurse gives him an opportunity to reconsider...:laugh:
What a stupid, stupid kid...no sense, and got what he deserved.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
His out was letting him going but laughing at him and face washing him, and the pounding was easy for him, then to show boat after beating a clear non fighter? If he beat up a proven guy, that's something to be pumped for. Hope Nurse fights a guy like... I don't know.. Jordin Tootoo, gets his lunch fed and then Jordin stands over him yelling, laughing and fist pumping.

I didn't see any show boating...but I guess you see what you want to see,....and Tootoo going to feed Nurse's lunch to him?..[mod]:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Yeah, watched this one as it happened. Trolled Andersson into a fight then proceeded to beat the holy hell out of a Swedish finesse player.

This is like Jarome Iginla fighting Marcus Naslund or something. One's a tough-as-nails power player, the other's a skill guy :laugh:

To note, Nurse backed down from Hunter Smith later that game.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Andersson was being chippy all game and Nurse challenged him to fight. he had two chances to get away but wanted to act like a tough guy. Nurse beat the hell out of him as a result.

Andersson is some random no name who will never be heard from against so stupidly tried to make a name for himself

As for the Smith incident. Why would Nurse want to fight a plug? he fought him in junior and won, why waste time on him. He was too busy wiping the floor with flames in actual play

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Nurse has fought most tough guys in CHL, he wouldnt have much issue

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Andersson was being chippy all game and Nurse challenged him to fight. he had two chances to get away but wanted to act like a tough guy. Nurse beat the hell out of him as a result.

Andersson is some random no name who will never be heard from against so stupidly tried to make a name for himself

As for the Smith incident. Why would Nurse want to fight a plug? he fought him in junior and won, why waste time on him. He was too busy wiping the floor with flames in actual play

So Andersson is a nobody and Nurse fights him, but not Smith because he's a plug (nobody)

keep on keepin on
:yo:

beedee

Jan 13, 2014
At :14 you can see Andersson come into the scrum from the blue line and go right up to Nurse and engage him...looks like he will rethink that next time.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
congrats on beating up a non fighter

Agreed. Nurse should have ran to the bench with his hands over his head when Andersson dropped the gloves. :laugh:

Gotta laugh at people upset over the "showboating." He was pumped, and Andersson was chirping all game. So Nurse gave a little holler, big deal.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
At :14 you can see Andersson come into the scrum from the blue line and go right up to Nurse and engage him...looks like he will rethink that next time.

:nod:....he went looking for it..and even in the scrum, you can see Nurse give him the opportunity to get out...now CGY fans are angry he got it handed to him.
For a so called "finesse" player...that wasn't such a finesse play.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Can all the posters who called out Nurse now eat crow since he stepped up and held his own against hunter smith?

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
I dont mind Nurse but he comes across as a punk bully. I'd like to see how he would fair against the likes of Engelland, McQuaid, Wilson, or Prout. Or if if is really ambitious, Gazdic or Peluso.

If stands up to the test he is the real deal, if he does not he is in the same category as Phaneuf for me.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I dont mind Nurse but he comes across as a punk bully. I'd like to see how he would fair against the likes of Engelland, McQuaid, Wilson, or Prout. Or if if is really ambitious, Gazdic or Peluso.

If stands up to the test he is the real deal, if he does not he is in the same category as Phaneuf for me.

Wtf would an all star d man fight all those goons for no reason? Nurse has the potential to be a top line defenseman whereas everyone of those players is bottom pairing or bottom 6. the exception is Wilson who does have potential to play top line minutes

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00