Value of: Rasmus Anderson

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
And they can keep them all or get rid of some of the filler guys at the bottom. There's no pressing salary constraints to dismantle their top 6 which has been upgraded from last year for less $, although Kylington will be getting a significant raise
They need a top 6 forward

The fillers are not going to get them that

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Honestly don't think you were in that tier either. You got wiped out by the Oilers and some how are in a better tier than them? lol, that's not how reality works.

It was just a regular season where all the stars aligned.
The Oilers didn't "wipe us out." Our goalie had an .850. He gave up twice as many goals as he usually does per shot. Who would have predicted that Smith would be substantially better than Markstrom even when Smith gave them below average goaltending. Flames had a slight edge in scoring chances.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The Oilers didn't "wipe us out." Our goalie had an .850. He gave up twice as many goals as he usually does per shot. Who would have predicted that Smith would be substantially better than Markstrom even when Smith gave them below average goaltending. Flames had a slight edge in scoring chances.

Anyone who was honest themselves would've known Markstrom has big problems with the Oilers even before that playoff round started, there was a regular season game literally like a few weeks beforehand where the Flames managed to win but Markstrom again completely shit the bed.

And Smith was terrible in that series too lol, allowing critical goals literally from the other end of the ice (gotta be the worst playoff goal against I've seen in a good 20 years), allowing Flames to basically score on 2 out of the first 3/4 shots in both game 1 and 2, he looked gassed by game 5 also.

The difference the Oilers just played through Smith's shitty stretches and kept attacking, the Flames just folded.

Last edited:

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Is this the thread where Oilers fans state emphatically that they both wiped out the Flames in dominating fashion but were super close to beating the Avs and it was the closest sweep in league history? Oh no wait, that's everyone of their threads.

Anyway, Andersson isn't available at all. If the team is competing, he's a critical piece. If the team is retooling, he's still young enough to be a part of the future. He should be a Flame for a good long while.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
I could see Calgary flipping Weegar tbh. How attached to Pinto are you guys?
Overly attached. But they guy just started taking hockey seriously like 6 years ago and has been very good at every level he's played, including his very young NHL career. If he stays a Senator I wouldn't be shocked to see him breaking into the top 6 within a couple of years and forcing one of Stützle/Norris to the wing.

I'd rather keep Pinto and pray that one of Branny/JBD/Lassi breakout this year than trade Pinto/Grieg+ for Weegar. Love Weegar but not sure we'd be able to afford his extension.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
More than you'd want to pay. 50pt RHS dman signed for under 5 million, really no reason to move on from him. The first and Thompson would be a pretty good start at it tho.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
I admit that i was looking at a 2021 J-fresh chart. After further examination, the Rasmus-Hanifin pairing killed it last year, as Flames fans are suggesting . Indeed, Garland for Andersson is tilted in Van’s favour.

Traptor

Mar 2, 2021
I don't think the top 4 of weegar, andersson, hanfin and tanev gets touched.

It's a well balanced and affordable group.
Could see Valimaki and/or kylington moved for forwards of similar age and caliber

moegillknee

Jul 30, 2016
Flames d is one of the deepest in nhl .if they were willing to move r Anderson it would be to fill a need. First line winger or center .no rebuild in calgary.
Op s offer not in play but if Ott were to offer Batherson would make a fair "hockey" trade

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I could definitely see the Flames dealing a D but I hope it's not Andersson because I like him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad