Value of: Rasmus Anderson

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Hey Calgary just wondering what is the cost of Rasmus Andersson to Ottawa??

I'm willing to start with our 2023 1st(unprotected) and Lassi Thompson. Is that enough or do you guys want more?
It's not so much that your value is off. More that we probably don't want to trade him. He's young enough to go through a rebuild/retool and a top pairing guy. Hard to replace that with a pick. Especially when you consider our 1st round track record. We draft well late and below average in the 1st round.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
Yeah I can't see Calgary wanting to trade him. Better target would be Tanev but the Flames don't need to get rid of anybody, they're good for cap now (unfortunately)

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Could see them want to go young - trade Tanev

Or

Recoup some value - trade soon to be UFA Weegar

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Not exactly sure what the Flames are doing. The Tkachuk trade could be read two ways. If they are going for it now, they probably need to replace more offense and their right side D is stacked with Weegar, Tanev, and Andersson. The Canucks need a RHD and have too many forwards. Maybe a deal could be made?

If Flames are into adding upcoming UFAs, in could see something like Miller and Poolman for Andersson + FLD 1st + cap dump if needed. End result would be Tkachuk, Gaudreau, Andersson out, and Weegar, Miller, Huberdeu in. If the season goes sideways or those guys don’t sign, any/all could fetch massive assets at the TDL and enable a speedy rebuild/retool

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Not exactly sure what the Flames are doing. The Tkachuk trade could be read two ways. If they are going for it now, they probably need to replace more offense and their right side D is stacked with Weegar, Tanev, and Andersson. The Canucks need a RHD and have too many forwards. Maybe a deal could be made?

If Flames are into adding upcoming UFAs, in could see something like Miller and Poolman for Andersson + FLD 1st + cap dump if needed. End result would be Tkachuk, Gaudreau, Andersson out, and Weegar, Miller, Huberdeu in. If the season goes sideways or those guys don’t sign, any/all could fetch massive assets at the TDL and enable a speedy rebuild/retool

I'd do Garland for Andersson.

• Haha
Reactions: lanceuppercut75

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Yeah I can't see Calgary wanting to trade him. Better target would be Tanev but the Flames don't need to get rid of anybody, they're good for cap now (unfortunately)
They have 10 dmen

That’s probably a fair deal. Though I would prefer a more defensively responsible RHD, maybe Rasmus can improve in an area he was better at when entering the league.
Well, you can prefer someone else since Andersson is not going for Garland

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto

The Flames are doing what they always do. Trying to compete. They don't tank.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
That’s probably a fair deal. Though I would prefer a more defensively responsible RHD, maybe Rasmus can improve in an area he was better at when entering the league.
Are you confusing Rasmus Andersson and Rasmus Ristolainen? Anderson and Hanifin had the 4th best defensive numbers of any pairing in the league last year.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
They have 10 dmen
And they can keep them all or get rid of some of the filler guys at the bottom. There's no pressing salary constraints to dismantle their top 6 which has been upgraded from last year for less $, although Kylington will be getting a significant raise

StoneHoffs129

Oct 24, 2017
Now the flames have weegar, what would it take from the sens for an unsigned weegar? Prospect 2nd and 5th, I also understand if the flames want to sign and keep him... just curious!

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
I'm in favor of a full rebuild, but I can live with not doing it as long as we MANAGE THESE ASSETS. They cannot be allowed to walk for nothing even if we are in a playoff spot.
I cannot see them letting this happen again.

I am not in favour of a full rebuild a year after winning the division and going into the playoffs as a top 4 cup favourite.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
And they can keep them all or get rid of some of the filler guys at the bottom. There's no pressing salary constraints to dismantle their top 6 which has been upgraded from last year for less $, although Kylington will be getting a significant raise
They have 3 RHD who are probably all 2/3 type D. Definitely overkill, but you could still play them all. I'd really hate to be Mackey right now. I think he could step in and be a #4 in the NHL right now. Yet he has no chance of even making the team.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I cannot see them letting this happen again.

I am not in favour of a full rebuild a year after winning the division and going into the playoffs as a top 4 cup favourite.
Fair comment. Legitimate question though. Do you see anyone beating the Avs? I just don't. I also don't think we entered as a top 4 cup favorite. I think we entered as the favorite to reach the conference finals. Those are different things. No sane person could say we were in the same category as the Avs, Lightning, Canes or Panthers. We were in that next tier with the Leafs, Blues, Rags and possibly even the Oilers.

He was fine in the regular season, lol. People acting like he was -20 or something in the season.
I think people are acting like he's a 5M dollar defenseman making 9.25M. At 5M I like Nurse. At 9 25, not so much.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Fair comment. Legitimate question though. Do you see anyone beating the Avs? I just don't. I also don't think we entered as a top 4 cup favorite. I think we entered as the favorite to reach the conference finals. Those are different things. No sane person could say we were in the same category as the Avs, Lightning, Canes or Panthers. We were in that next tier with the Leafs, Blues, Rags and possibly even the Oilers.

I think people are acting like he's a 5M dollar defenseman making 9.25M. At 5M I like Nurse. At 9 25, not so much.
I mean... we were top 4.

The Avs? There are question marks with goaltending. They haven't resigned Kadri or done much to replace him and he was a key piece during the regular season when injuries hit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220723-093013_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220723-093013_Gallery.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: egelband

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Honestly don't think you were in that tier either. You got wiped out by the Oilers and some how are in a better tier than them? lol, that's not how reality works.

It was just a regular season where all the stars aligned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad