Confirmed with Link: Rask signed

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
next summer is last chance

Thanks. That's a bit sooner than I'd thought/hoped.

My earlier point about them maybe providing insurance against this deal can be ignored. Next summer is way too soon to have an impact.

BB624

Jan 1, 2009
Boston Ma-Roslindale
I think a Quick contract would've been great. $5.8/year-10years. Guy played 250 games, won a cup and was the MVP of that run. And he gets $5.8! Rask plays 138 games, made it to the final and he gets $7 million in a year where the cap goes down dramatically? Somebody has been talking to Thomas too much:sarcasm:

1. Contract no longer allowed
2. Quick is actually making 7m

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Amazing how many people are already trading Rask and saying he won't live up to the deal. But these same people are convinced Subban will become a star. This is great situation for Bruins to be in, I love that they have a top goalie in nhl and 2 highly thought of prospects .

It seems to be a common occurrence on this board,let's trade the guy who is a proven NHLer or at the least somewhat proven to make room for some prospect who has never played a game in the NHL.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Good point. Also, I thought Rask easily could have played more games in the 11-12 season. Shorter sample size, but his numbers were better than Thomas' numbers last year and there were several stretches where Rask put up a really solid game (sometimes as good as a shutout) and then instead of going with Rask again, Claude would go back to Thomas. I remember it frustrating a lot of people on this board at the time. Rask arguably outplayed Thomas at points that year but presumably b/c of seniority, Thomas kept getting most of the starts.

Mmm,I don't remember Rask playing particularly well that year and wasn't he injured and we had to get Marco Sturm for a short period of time.Don't get me wrong,I love Rask but it did seem like in 2010-2011 and in 2011-2012, he was given ample opportunities to take the no.1 spot away from Thomas but at the time TT was clearly the better goalie.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Not really sure what Chia was thinking all along here.Bruins had nothing even close to NHL ready in nets other then Rask and Chia could had him locked up for couple yrs last contract for way less money.I do not like tying up 7 million on a goalie and Chia is to blame for that not Rasks great play. Rasks agent knew he had them by the junk here.SHABBY GM ing this time.But what ya gonna do ?

How could he have done that?

It's been reported by multiple sources that Chiarelli offered Rask a multi-year contract last year and Rask said no. Short of holding Rask hostage, I don't see how he could have had him locked up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad