Raphael Diaz

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
We now have another defenseman who is not afraid to shoot the puck. I see nothing wrong with Diaz as the 7th man and McIlrath as the 8th. We are deep again, and another great year to be a Rangers fan.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
We now have another defenseman who is not afraid to shoot the puck. I see nothing wrong with Diaz as the 7th man and McIlrath as the 8th. We are deep again, and another great year to be a Rangers fan.

Agreed. Obviously not someone you would prefer in the lineup every day, but as a shot in the arm to the PP he will be very useful.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
No way in hell should Diaz ever get the nod over McI unless Yandle is out injured. Diaz is a journeyman defenseman that isn't going to help the team while McI playing solid defense can.

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
If the pairings are going to be

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Klein
Yandle-McIlrath

we can leave Boyle as the 7th for now and look into Skjei later on. I crossed Skjei off my list because I didn't think he was quite there yet but he could be ready to go by New Year's. Diaz looks like he will get you maybe 5 goals a season if you're lucky and be a defensive headache.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
If the pairings are going to be

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Klein
Yandle-McIlrath

we can leave Boyle as the 7th for now and look into Skjei later on. I crossed Skjei off my list because I didn't think he was quite there yet but he could be ready to go by New Year's. Diaz looks like he will get you maybe 5 goals a season if you're lucky and be a defensive headache.

He's never scored more than 3 goals.

Rangers also aren't gonna bench Boyle unless he's playing terribly 20 games into the season or something.

I mean, I'd like Diaz as the 7th D in a lot of circumstances but not at the expense of McIlrath at the moment. Ideally I'd like to see both kept this year, but that doesn't seem likely

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
He's never scored more than 3 goals.

Rangers also aren't gonna bench Boyle unless he's playing terribly 20 games into the season or something.

I mean, I'd like Diaz as the 7th D in a lot of circumstances but not at the expense of McIlrath at the moment. Ideally I'd like to see both kept this year, but that doesn't seem likely

That's why I said, if you're lucky. I think if we gave him PP time he could get 5 or so goals, not that it's saying very much.

Boyle looks awful this PS. He looked finished in the playoffs last year.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
That's why I said, if you're lucky. I think if we gave him PP time he could get 5 or so goals, not that it's saying very much.

Boyle looks awful this PS. He looked finished in the playoffs last year.

Eh, Boyle is doing his Jekyl and Hyde thing. He generally does skate and move the puck quite well when he gets the chance and his defense is adequate when he's in the right position, but he also roams around and sometimes gets way out of position defensively because of that, and then occasionally with the puck he just kinda drifts off mentally it seems and doesn't pay attention to what he's doing.

I don't think he's been awful, but it's been good mixed with bad and the Rangers need a little more good and less bad from him when the season starts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad