Proposal: Rantanen for Draisaitl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
15th in league scoring on pace for 42 goals and 97 points and can play C/W without skipping a beat. Yea his shine is definitely fading.
He's a good player. He's not a 1C that people thought he'd be. He's a good player who's great with McDavid. I wouldn't trade Rantanen for him.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
He's a good player. He's not a 1C that people thought he'd be. He's a good player who's great with McDavid. I wouldn't trade Rantanen for him.

100% fair I agree currently Rantanen > Drai, no question.
That being said its pretty unfair to bring up the McDavid argument when Rantanen has been playing with Nathan MacKinnon (who missed the Hart by just 70 votes) and Landeskog pretty much 100% of the time since the start of last season. Just saying.

No disrespect to Rantanen who is easily been a top3 (if not #1) player this season

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Rantanen will get at least 13 million

giphy.gif

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Rantanen is currently the highest scoring player in the NHL. Why would they trade him for an older, less productive winger?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

You’re aware that Rantanen gets to play with TWO really good players while McDavid and Draisaitl typically have a three wheeled shopping cart with them, yes?

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Is the main purpose of this proposal to start a fight?

I just assume that's the case for about half of these proposals, so probably a fairly safe guess.

Never seen the OP on the Oiler board (and I'd remember that avatar; I'm a huge Radiohead fan -- see Johnny Greenwood from the band in my own avatar), so doubt he's an Oiler fan. Also seems doubtful that an Avs fan would propose this with how Rantanen is playing. Meh, whatever I guess.

It's an absurd proposal no matter how you analyse it. It's a 'not gonna happen'.

Last edited:
Reactions: MacBradley

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I just assume that's the case for about half of these proposals, so probably a fairly safe guess.

Never seen the OP on the Oiler board (and I'd remember that avatar), so doubt he's an Oiler fan. Also seems doubtful that an Avs fan would propose this with how Rantanen is playing. Meh, whatever I guess.

It's an absurd proposal no matter how you analyse it. It's a 'not gonna happen'.

It's a troll thread, and he did actually admit to as much on the Avs board.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Draisaitl’s having his best offensive year ever at 23 and is on pace for 97 points.

‘Shine is fading’ smh.

Does he fetch Rantanen? If I had Rantanen I wouldn’t be moving him for pretty much damn near anything but don’t say dumb crap like that haha.
Dumb crap for you. He's riding McDavids coattail. McDavid turned Maroon into a 27 goal scorer.

So yes the shine of Leon becoming an elite 1c is definitely fading.

Reactions: The List Of Jericho

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Colorado would get their badly needed second line center and Edmonton would get the deadliest duo Mcdavid-Rantanen since Lemieux-Jagr. Edmonton would still have Nugent-Hopkins as their 2C and if Rantanen signs next summer with let's say 11mil/year Colorado would have more cap space with the Draisaitl contract in their books to sign another winger Tarasenko/Stone etc.

Go!

I think that would get Sakic fired

Reactions: BleedWell

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
You’re aware that Rantanen gets to play with TWO really good players while McDavid and Draisaitl typically have a three wheeled shopping cart with them, yes?

Yes, but I refer Rantanen. I would think this would be more even if Leon actually played C. Because as a winger I take Rantanen 10/10

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Dumb crap for you. He's riding McDavids coattail. McDavid turned Maroon into a 27 goal scorer.

So yes the shine of Leon becoming an elite 1c is definitely fading.

How would you know? He’ll never get the chance behind McDavid.

Rantanen plays with two excellent players. Draisaitl plays with one and some schlub. Furthermore The nuance that people always forget is when not with McDavid, Draisaitl gets guys like Lucic, Caggiula, Rieder, and other bottom sixers. The Oilers have the worst wingers in the league. How would Rantanen fare with, say, Lucic and Brodziak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad