6. Drake Caggiula
7. Petr Straka
8. Tim Panaccio
9. Colin McDonald
10. Shea Weber

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Gordon is likely going to be the fourth line center playing on average of like 10-12 minutes a game next year. If he supplies more value to the team than Voracek, Simmonds, & Schenn then that result very likely has us finishing one of the worst in the league.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Going from a Most Valuable standpoint:

1. Giroux
2. Ghost
3. Voracek
4. Couturier
5. Simmonds
6. Schenn
7. (tie) Mason & Neuvirth
9. Provorov
10. Gudas

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Gordon is likely going to be the fourth line center playing on average of like 10-12 minutes a game next year. If he supplies more value to the team than Voracek, Simmonds, & Schenn then that result very likely has us finishing one of the worst in the league.

Is that directed towards my post?

You're a really intelligent guy. I figure you and a bunch of others would be able to figure out why I'd name him among the most important.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

You're a really intelligent guy. I figure you and a bunch of others would be able to figure out why I'd name him among the most important.

Yeah I just don't think his role will allow it even if played to max abilities. He would really need those other three to bomb or get hurt to surpass them at the end of the year in terms of value. If healthy I don't think it's a stretch to suggest Voracek, Simmonds, & Schenn are good for 50 or more points each. So I just think it's tough for Gordon to match that even if he plays his role really well. If he does than we likely have problems.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Yeah I just don't think his role will allow it even if played to max abilities. He would really need those other three to bomb or get hurt to surpass them at the end of the year in terms of value. If healthy I don't think it's a stretch to suggest Voracek, Simmonds, & Schenn are good for 50 or more points each. So I just think it's tough for Gordon to match that even if he plays his role really well. If he does than we likely have problems.

Nah I'm not looking at his direct scoring. I'm looking at him excelling at his role well enough that it leads indirectly to the other forwards being able to score more. Giroux and Jake getting back to 75+ points, Couts and Schenn exploding onto the offensive scene, etc.

His importance is doing his role well and eating defensive zone minutes and draws.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Nah I'm not looking at his direct scoring. I'm looking at him excelling at his role well enough that it leads indirectly to the other forwards being able to score more. Giroux and Jake getting back to 75+ points, Couts and Schenn exploding onto the offensive scene, etc.

His importance is doing his role well and eating defensive zone minutes and draws.

I don't think Gordon playing his role well is going to swing the pendulum that much. It should help to some degree but not that big of a swing. The biggest thing a competent bottom six could provide next year which could increase the win totals by a few. If they can score a little more & have less shifts where they hurt the team than that will be the biggest takeaway.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA

:laugh:

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
In terms of most important and/or valuable to the team:

1. G

2. Couts - and he's awfully close to G.

3. Ghost - He completely changed the defense last year. Del Zotto might or might not be a better overall player right now, but Ghost is the more important to this team.

4. Voracek - I fully expect a bounce back year, and his underlying stats show he wasn't as bad as people made him out to be last year, even considering his contract.

5. Simmer - He might be streaky, but it's not because of lack of effort. The guy brings it game in and game out.

6. Mason/Neuvirth - Can I put them both here? I actually like Neuvirth better but it is a serious question if he can ever stay consistently healthy. Either way, they were the best tandem we've had in Philly in quite some time.

7. Del Zotto - Showed he can be very good at both ends of the ice.

8. Schenn - I doubt he ever puts up real huge numbers, but the guy has rounded into a very solid player. I admit I had my doubts, but he's really come along and become a valuable scoring option.

9. Gudas - He'll probably get pushed off of this list as our prospects develop, but he has been a pleasant surprise and will really help ease the transition from the old vets to the younger prospects.

10. Raffl - He doesn't put up numbers, but how well he keeps possession of the puck helps the Flyers win games in the long run. More ideally suited to be a very good third liner but he's really not killing them playing in the top 6.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
1. Giroux (it's a no-brainer)
2. Voracek... bad season but c'mon, he'll bounce back.
3. Ghost (though it's a small sample)
4. Couturier
5. Simmonds
6. Schenn
7. Mason

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
Thought it would also be interesting to compare out top 10 to another team, such as the Rangers and Tampa

Rangers
1. McDonaugh
2. Stepan
3. Zuccarelo
4. Lundquist
5. Zibanejad
6. Kreider
7. JT Miller
8. Nash
9. Hayes
10. Klein
-----------
Tampa
1. Hedman
2. Kucherov
3. T Johnson
4. Stralman
5. Drouin
6. Stamkos
7. Palat
8. Bishop
9. Vasilevsky
10 Killron.

Last edited:

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
1. G - The captain.
2. Couturier - If he's off the lineup, chances are the Flyers will lose.
3. Ghost - Turned the season around last year. A dynamic motor in defence.
4. Voracek - Hope he rises to be a 80pt guy again.
5. Mason/Neuvirth - I hope they don't have to stand on their heads as much as last year. A great duo.
6. Simmonds - Brings the fire and scores ugly goals (beauties).
7. Schenn - Another physical force with a big job to do next season.
8. Del Zotto - Was the #1 D before he got hurt, played great to that point.
9. Gudas - Had an awesome year, a legit TOP4 D.
10. Raffl - Works his ass off, the results will come.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
A quick list and I have the right to add/subtract of flip flop anyone:)
1. Ciroux
2. Gostisbehere
3. Voracek
4. Mason
5. Couturier
6. Simmonds
7. Schenn
8. Gudas
9. Raffl
10. Weise

Ad

Upcoming events