Ranking the top 7 countries

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Well this poll seems to agree Barkov being better than Draisaitl with 664 voter sample size.
Matthews vs Barkov vs Draisaitl

Then there is this poll of Heiskanen's and Dahlin's career with 13% favour for Dahlin. However this season Heiskanen's stats are 33 GP, 21 points +/- = +6 and Dahlin with 25 GP and 17 points +/- +3. Dahlin has a one goal and Heiskanen has 7 goals.
Heiskanen vs Dahlin - Better hockey career?

The Barkov vs Draisaitl poll was posted before Draisaitl went on his tear this season, his comment on them was not. You can’t base everything on one season though, to be fair.

Dahlin has outscored Heiskanen with a massive margin since they got into the League with similar defensive stats, Dahlin being far ahead in hits and Takeaway/Giveaway metrics. Considering Dahlin is a year younger and has outscored Heiskanen by a large margin in his NHL career, they shouldn’t be compared. Dahlin has a ppg of 0.68 during his U20 season, Heiskanen a PPG of 0.40.

Anyway, let’s not have that debate here. Dahlin has won every other poll with an even larger margin, considering that poll was posted when Dahlin had the worst form of his NHL career and how reactionary fans on here are.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
The Barkov vs Draisaitl poll was posted before Draisaitl went on his tear this season, his comment on them was not. You can’t base everything on one season though, to be fair.

Dahlin has outscored Heiskanen with a massive margin since they got into the League with similar defensive stats, Dahlin being far ahead in hits and Takeaway/Giveaway metrics. Considering Dahlin is a year younger and has outscored Heiskanen by a large margin in his NHL career, they shouldn’t be compared. Dahlin has a ppg of 0.68 during his U20 season, Heiskanen a PPG of 0.40.

Anyway, let’s not have that debate here. Dahlin has won every other poll with an even larger margin, considering that poll was posted when Dahlin had the worst form of his NHL career and how reactionary fans on here are.

Yeah I don't want to start another Heiskanen-Dahlin wrestling because I think both are great and have been from the moment they entered the league.

But what I found weird is calling karhukissa a homer when the results of the poll shows most posters rank Barkov higher than Draisaitl. This may be an older thread but it is still active. I have not been following Drai much but saying Barkov is as good or better is definetly not homerism.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Yeah I don't want to start another Heiskanen-Dahlin wrestling because I think both are great and have been from the moment they entered the league.

But what I found weird is calling karhukissa a homer when the results of the poll shows most posters rank Barkov higher than Draisaitl. This may be an older thread but it is still active. I have not been following Drai much but saying Barkov is as good or better is definetly not homerism.

Draisaitl is one of the best 5 players in the world, if a poll was made today Draisaitl would blow him out of the water. He has said so many other things that I thought was homerism but lets not call each other out here.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Draisaitl is one of the best 5 players in the world, if a poll was made today Draisaitl would blow him out of the water. He has said so many other things that I thought was homerism but lets not call each other out here.

But you already admitted that one can not base everything on one season yet you are already willing to clame Drai is top 5 player in the world. And as I said the thread is still active yet the result stay the same. Blowing Barkov out of the water is just a bold exaggeration. I feel like im getting slightly triggered by you.

You say you don't want to call each other out while posting some over-exaggerated stuff really makes me confused man.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
But you already admitted that one can not base everything on one season yet you are already willing to clame Drai is top 5 player in the world. And as I said the thread is still active yet the result stay the same. Blowing Barkov out of the water is just a bold exaggeration. I feel like im getting slightly triggered by you.

You say you don't want to call each other out while posting some over-exaggerated stuff really makes me confused man.

Not basing that claim on this season, I am basing it on last season and the season before that too. Draisaitl isn't being carried by McDavid, that is a false narrative. McDavid benefits a lot of Draisaitl, who I have been more impressed with than McDavid recently ( although since I can't base everything off of recent play I would still take McDavid over Draisaitl. Draisaitl is the complete offensive package with great defense. I am in no way over-exaggerating when I say Draisaitl isn't far off McDavid.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Not basing that claim on this season, I am basing it on last season and the season before that too. Draisaitl isn't being carried by McDavid, that is a false narrative. McDavid benefits a lot of Draisaitl, who I have been more impressed with than McDavid recently ( although since I can't base everything off of recent play I would still take McDavid over Draisaitl. Draisaitl is the complete offensive package with great defense. I am in no way over-exaggerating when I say Draisaitl isn't far off McDavid.

The poll that I posted was created just before this season. So taking into account those two seasons you mentioned, Barkov has been seen as slightly better player than Draisaitl right? So he is better! This season Drai has been more effective than Barkov. But as you just said opposite what you earlier claimed one season does not matter. Then again you said right now Drai would blow Barkov out of the water. Your logic is something beyond my understanding dude.

Reactions: Czechboy

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
The poll that I posted was created just before this season. So taking into account those two seasons you mentioned, Barkov has been seen as slightly better player than Draisaitl right? So he is better! This season Drai has been more effective than Barkov. But as you just said opposite what you earlier claimed one season does not matter. Then again you said right now Drai would blow Barkov out of the water. Your logic is something beyond my understanding dude.
Forget the discussion with AB13. For him are all finnish player in 2nd or 3rd level. Jesper Bratt f.e. ist better than all finns etc..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad