18. Brett Kulak (48.15%)
19. Michael Ferland (29.23%)
20. Ryan Culkin (61.29%)

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
How is Hanowski still on the board.

Well, what do you think his ceiling is, really? I don't frankly think he'll amount to anything we wouldn't find via free agency. I don't think he has top-6 potential at all, nor maybe even top-9 potential.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Went with KK. I feel for Hanowski but he reminds me somewhat of Nemisz, which isn't a bad thing but I just don't think his ceiling is high at all. With that said, I think he can be NHL'er.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Went with KK. I feel for Hanowski but he reminds me somewhat of Nemisz, which isn't a bad thing but I just don't think his ceiling is high at all. With that said, I think he can be NHL'er.

I think Hanowski is a good prospect too, he'd be a good 3rd/solid 4th liner on another team. The problem is we have too many bottom 6ers as is. It'd be best if he joins another team, he has decent scoring ability and just needs to work on his skating.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Well, what do you think his ceiling is, really? I don't frankly think he'll amount to anything we wouldn't find via free agency. I don't think he has top-6 potential at all, nor maybe even top-9 potential.

LOL....We are at #21......couldn't the same be said of all the rest of the prospects at this point?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
LOL....We are at #21......couldn't the same be said of all the rest of the prospects at this point?

Nope. For instance, Keegan Kanzig, if he pans out, will provide something that is hard to find. But ultimately, that's for each voter to decide. If the vast majority are voting for other players besides Hanowski, then I guess that answers the question.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Nope. For instance, Keegan Kanzig, if he pans out, will provide something that is hard to find. But ultimately, that's for each voter to decide. If the vast majority are voting for other players besides Hanowski, then I guess that answers the question.

Yes these remaining prospects could hit potential, but the likelihood is becoming pretty slim. If Hanowski becomes a 4th liner that is still better than what most of these guys will become.
What question will be answered?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yes these remaining prospects could hit potential, but the likelihood is becoming pretty slim. If Hanowski becomes a 4th liner that is still better than what most of these guys will become.
What question will be answered?

The question you asked in your last post was whether the same could be said about all the other prospects- that they didn't really have an NHL future. If that was true, we wouldn't see any real front-runners in this draft, and frankly continuing to do polls would be pointless.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
The question you asked in your last post was whether the same could be said about all the other prospects- that they didn't really have an NHL future. If that was true, we wouldn't see any real front-runners in this draft, and frankly continuing to do polls would be pointless.

I don't think it does answer that question. The lemmings have to vote for someone, after Kanzig quite frankly continuing with this poll is pointless.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I don't think it does answer that question. The lemmings have to vote for someone, after Kanzig quite frankly continuing with this poll is pointless.

I'm sorry... lemmings? :laugh:

We'll keep going until there is an agreement that all the prospects are at the same level. What I was saying is that the poll results indicate that we haven't yet reached that point.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Human nature - not just saying here on the Flames board, but any poll anywhere.
Take your typical HF poll: Fan makes a case for player A, and says AINEC. Fans don't want to look stupid so they vote for the same player everyone else is. Lemming.

IMO the previous poster who thought Hanowski was clearly the best option at 21 has every right to feel that way - regardless of how the votes have gone. You tried to claim that he doesn't have potential, that we could just pick a player of his ilk in FA, thereby saying there are other better choices on the board. I don't disagree that we could pick a Hanowski in FA, but I do disagree with the notion that the other options are much better choices.
I don't think any team is hiding a future star past #20 on their prospect list.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Human nature - not just saying here on the Flames board, but any poll anywhere.
Take your typical HF poll: Fan makes a case for player A, and says AINEC. Fans don't want to look stupid so they vote for the same player everyone else is. Lemming.

I would disagree that that is the way things go. If someone champions one prospect, there is strong likelihood that they get challenged on that opinion. If I said "Sena Acolatse AINEC," what would your initial reaction be?

IMO the previous poster who thought Hanowski was clearly the best option at 21 has every right to feel that way - regardless of how the votes have gone.

Sure, I was just endeavouring to answer his question with my own response. He asked why people weren't voting for Hanowski, and I provided a response.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I would disagree that that is the way things go. If someone champions one prospect, there is strong likelihood that they get challenged on that opinion. If I said "Sena Acolatse AINEC," what would your initial reaction be?

Sure, I was just endeavouring to answer his question with my own response. He asked why people weren't voting for Hanowski, and I provided a response.

It seems you & I do that a lot.

I think you need to pay closer attention to polls. Most polls swing wildly depending on what fans are saying about the subject, and how they are performing at that time.
Goalie A vs B. Team A vs B. One has a big lead, then the other scores a hattrick and takes over.
I put little stock in a HF poll on the best of days, but claiming that a poll on our 21st or 22nd best prospect will answer any question is silly.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Guys, not sure when this turned so bitter. It's a thread about comparing and ranking prospects, not comparing and ranking posters. Let's just focus on that, or you will be excused from the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad