Prospect Info: Ranking Tampa Bay Lightning prospects

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA

While this is one opinion, it shows just how much our organization has given up of the future for the now push. In just a handful of years, what was a top five minor league pipeline as fallen to consideration as bottom five. Assume what you may about our chances of finding consistent mid to late round and undrafted "sleepers, there is usually a reason players fall to those positions.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
While this is one opinion, it shows just how much our organization has given up of the future for the now push. In just a handful of years, what was a top five minor league pipeline as fallen to consideration as bottom five. Assume what you may about our chances of finding consistent mid to late round and undrafted "sleepers, there is usually a reason players fall to those positions.
I've noted before that just one or two prospects can drastically change how your prospect pool is perceived.

Also, these prospect guys all read from the same hymn book on how good everyone will be.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

We have a weak prospect pool because it did it's job, it funneled players into our main team or gave us enough value to acquire roster players. It's perfectly fine for a good team to have a weak pool, very normal actually. It's bad when you have a weak pool and a weak team considering top prospect pools are usually attained by drafting high continuously.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
All pronman does is complain about skating. We draft average skaters on purpose so we can develop them
BC4882D5-DC8C-4588-9137-0D8DF6CE1400.jpeg

Reactions: StammerHammer

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
My criticism of prospect guys not doing full seven round mock drafts is legit. The top 30-40 meta is pretty well established, where you can shuffle a few names around, start looking for team needs, and say you're still an expert.

Do a mock draft, then do a write-up on a guy you picked in the fifth round is going to be the future of the sport.

Reactions: Major4Boarding

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
I don't see how we can possibly have 13 prospects better than Niko Huuhtanen.
maybe a handful if you really have faith in them and think they can be better than Huuhtanen, but not 13. gonna assume its gonna be an assortment of Thompson, Duke, Fortier, Perbix, Koepke, Goncalves, Finley, Howard, Edmonds, and Alnefelt maybe. But that leaves one extra spot open for another prospect like Kurth, Gagne, Veinbergs, Webster, and maybe Semykin

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Not surprised to see Kurth this high, but didnt expect him above Huuhtanen

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
#1 Reclamation Project. Lets hope he finds his game and improves to make the club in the future.
Too early to consider reclamation. Turned 21 years old in June and just starting his second season in North America.

Sean Day is reclamation.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
I'm quite glad to see Koepke (presumably) land in the top-3 of these rankings. Generally from what I've been seeing fans outside of Tampa consistently are forgetting about him entirely while I see a guy who has a better than decent chance to get some quality NHL time in this season.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
I'm quite glad to see Koepke (presumably) land in the top-3 of these rankings. Generally from what I've been seeing fans outside of Tampa consistently are forgetting about him entirely while I see a guy who has a better than decent chance to get some quality NHL time in this season.
i wouldnt mind seeing him in the top 9 over BB to start the season, feel like his game fits better than BB as well

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Colton seems like an above average skater to me. Slightly above, with reasonable speed. Maybe once he got to Syracuse we really focused on it?
We have the best skating coaches in the bussiness. point, cirelli, colton etc all have improved so much. rating our prospects low because their skating isn’t perfect at this very moment just feels silly

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Raw charge is doing a 25 under 25 ranking. a little more info on the prospects than Future Bolts but not by much. so far they have:
25. Connor Kurth
24. Klavs Veinbergs
23. Daniil Pylenkov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad