Value of: Ranking RFAs

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
What’s imaginary?

I posted facts. Their stats and their sizes.

So... where are the “imaginary numbers?”
Why did you pick 2 yrs and not 1 or 3?
Its transparent.

It's a silly argument.
Both are on the same tier.

Marner may get more because of Matthews.
Rantanen may get more because
Col has the space.
They should be around the same.

No point cherry picking ht and wt and not discussing speed and quickness.

I dont have a dog in this race... but come on people...

Reactions: Mac Attack

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
What’s imaginary?

I posted facts. Their stats and their sizes.

So... where are the “imaginary numbers?”

MacKinnon first 3 seasons:

153 points in 218 games (0.70 PPG)

Matthews first 3 seasons:

205 points in 212 games (0.97 PPG)

——

Of course, Matthews is also 3 inches and 20 pounds bigger than MacKinnon

Matthews is the superior player, bigger frame, better goal scorer, better at FO.

This is why Colorado will always be a contender and not a winner.

---

WOW WHAT A FUN GAME TO PLAY

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017

——

Matthews is the superior player, bigger frame, better goal scorer, better at FO.

---

Play the same game with the last 3 years it's better .

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Play the same game with the last 3 years it's better .

What is wrong with comparing players at the same age, during the same time frame of their development?

I am guessing you just don't like the results of these objective stats, but that is a tough to swallow pill you just have to deal with

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
What is wrong with comparing players at the same age, during the same time frame of their development?

I am guessing you just don't like the results of these objective stats, but that is a tough to swallow pill you just have to deal with
What do MacK and Matthews have do with a 'Ranking RFAs' thread? Did you get butt hurt by the Rantanen/Marner comparison so you had to come back with an irrelevant and sarcastic response?

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

——

---

What do they have to do with this thread and a comparison of Rantanen/Marner?

You know, the guys who are two of the remaining RFAs which this thread is meant for?

Good grief, leave it to Leafs fans to completely take things out of context and head out to left field.

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain

You know, the guys who are two of the remaining RFAs which this thread is meant for?

Good grief, leave it to Leafs fans to completely take things out of context and head out to left field.
They are a fragile bunch, that’s for damn sure

Last edited:
Reactions: FameFlame069

Jan 21, 2018
He should, but he won’t.

Marner’s got a lot more media buzz and his dad makes sure there’s always smoke and mirrors. It’s Toronto, after all. People have to get overpaid and overrated.

——

Rantanen past 2 seasons:

171 points in 155 games (1.11 PPG)

Marner past 2 seasons:

163 points in 164 games (0.99 PPG)

——

Of course, Rantanen is also 5 inches and 45 pounds bigger than Marner.

Rantanen is the superior player, bigger frame, more impact on a game, etc. but plays in Denver.

Marner plays in Toronto.

Marner will get more money.

I like you conveniently leave out that Rantanen gets to play with Mackinnon who is vastly superior to Tavares right? I wonder how much Marner would be outscoring Rantanen if they swapped centers.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017

——

---

COMPLETELY OUT OF NOWHERE!!!! Why waste everyone's time even commenting? Let's compare Crosby's first 3 years to McD's so this guy can have it his way all of the time, like honestly he compared 2 RFA'S that are being talked about in this thread, where did Matthews and MacK come from? I never knew that they were RFA'S this off-season, everyone!!! Offersheet MacKinnon while you have the chance!

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Point will follow in the footsteps of Kucherov, Stamkos, Hedman, Johnson, Palat ... and take a team friendly bridge 3x6m or 4x7m

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I can't speak to all of them, but I do expect that whichever of Provorov, Werenski, and McAvoy signs their deal first, the other two will sign essentially the same deal. I'd be shocked to see more than $250K per difference amongst them.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
I like you conveniently leave out that Rantanen gets to play with Mackinnon who is vastly superior to Tavares right? I wonder how much Marner would be outscoring Rantanen if they swapped centers.
The avs also only had one good line to focus on. I assume when Matthews is hot they may cover him unless he isn't good enough to pull the top d from tavares and marner

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006

Good grief, leave it to a non-Leaf fan to be this ignorant after incinerating the topic in the first place.

Grow a thicker skin junior if you plan to dish it out as petty as you did.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Good grief, leave it to a non-Leaf fan to be this ignorant after incinerating the topic in the first place.

Grow a thicker skin junior if you plan to dish it out as petty as you did.

How did he dish anything out? His point was on par with the thread, the leaf fan is the one who dished out garbage and stupidity in this thread that was about two players not mentioned in the topic at all, you guys should go back to 1967, were you all belong.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
He should, but he won’t.

Marner’s got a lot more media buzz and his dad makes sure there’s always smoke and mirrors. It’s Toronto, after all. People have to get overpaid and overrated.

——

Rantanen past 2 seasons:

171 points in 155 games (1.11 PPG)

Marner past 2 seasons:

163 points in 164 games (0.99 PPG)

——

Of course, Rantanen is also 5 inches and 45 pounds bigger than Marner.

Rantanen is the superior player, bigger frame, more impact on a game, etc. but plays in Denver.

Marner plays in Toronto.

Marner will get more money.

This is why we need your boy Sakic to get a deal done with Rantanen. I would love nothing more than him to get signed to an 8.5-9 million dollar deal for say 6 years. I would throw it in Marner’s agent face and say this is what we have for you take it or leave it. If you want 9.5-10.5 then add an additional 1 or 2 years.

Media has already speculated that Marner makes about 2 million per year in endorsements. Try making that kind of bank playing anywhere else. Maybe NY or LA but even then I pull think it’s a stretch. Plus his endorsement are just starting.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Point will follow in the footsteps of Kucherov, Stamkos, Hedman, Johnson, Palat ... and take a team friendly bridge 3x6m or 4x7m
He’s a moron if he does.

Minimum he should get is 9.5x5.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Laine = a bag of day old timbits.
Connor = $100 in Canadian Tire money.

I am amazed Chevy has not traded them for 5th round draft picks yet.

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
Out of all the top RFAs, including Point, Marner, Aho, Rantanen,Tkachuk, Meier, Boeser, McAvoy, Trouba, Conner, Laine, Werenski, Provorov, etc.

How would you rank them and what annual average salary do you think they can get on a 6 year term deal?

Only gonna do the ones I have watched enough to judge

Point (because Center) - 8.5x6 (or 9x8) on tampa's salary scale
Marner - 6x10 or 8x10.5 on toronto's salary scale
Rantanen - 6x8.5
Aho - 5x8.5 (duh)
Laine - 6x7.5
Connor - 6x7

Ledge And Dairy

So when Kane got 106 points in 15/16 with freaking Anisimov as his center, what does that mean? That's a vastly superior difference in centers not MacKinnon to Tavaras :laugh:

That's how relevant your point is
*Hint* Not at all

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad