Ranking our Young Defense.

TheDoorDoctor

Mar 6, 2013
ONT
As the title says, after viewing these players throughout the year, how do you see these players ranked going forward?

Boqvist
Mitchell
Beaudin
Kalynuk
Stillman

And if you like you can include the prospects as well,

Vlasic
Kaiser
(Im sure I am missing someone worth mentioning)

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Based on how I think they will pan out in the NHL:

1. Boqvist-----has the best tool chest
2. Kaiser----strong start to college career bodes well
3. Beaudin---slightly different than Boqvist, but does some things very well already
4. Kalynuk---might be more of an all purpose than Boq and Beau
5. Mitchell----doesn't seem like he excels at anything, but could be reasonably competent
6. Vlasic---- Big kid, showing some progress, could be a physical force
7. Stillman----lowest ceiling by far, but you need tough stay at home's

All these guys could use some Trent Yawney coaching on how to defend, how to use your stick, etc....made Duncan Keith the player he is today.

Reactions: HawksDub89 and Crow

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
  1. Boqvist
  2. Beuadin
  3. Kalynuk
  4. Mitchell
  5. Vlasic
  6. Phillips
  7. Keiser
  8. Stillman
  9. Regula
  10. Yo' Momma

Phillips and Keiser quickly rising in this list. Kalynuk as well; the kid has surprised me in how well he's able to make subtle passing plays to alleviate pressure. Yo' Momma stays in last place, right below Regula, who is having a very mediocre season stats wise (maybe he's playing better than his stats show, I'm not Courtney, I don't watch endless amounts of Hogs games so I wouldn't know).

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
- Boqvist
-Kalynuk
-Mitchel
-Beaudin
-All the other guys we havnt seen play

And all the way at the bottom

-Stillman- Very clueless, very little awareness of how the play might develop, gets caught often, Carlson was solid compared to this cluelessness.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
  1. Boqvist
  2. Kaiser
  3. Mitchell
  4. Beaudin
  5. Kalynuk
  6. Vlasic
  7. Regula

From a color commentator on ESPN during the Frozen Four Semi-final- "Rob Facca, Chicago Blackhawk college scout, tells me that man with the puck, Kaiser, elite skater, never gets beat, gets back for pucks, elusive to checkers, excels in transition. Keep an eye on #5 for the Bulldogs".

Last edited:

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
1. Bo
2. Beaudin
3. Kalynuk
4. Kaiser
5. Mitchell
6. Vlasic
7. Regula
8. Phillips/Stillman

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
- Boqvist
-Kalynuk
-Mitchel
-Beaudin
-All the other guys we havnt seen play

And all the way at the bottom

-Stillman- Very clueless, very little awareness of how the play might develop, gets caught often, Carlson was solid compared to this cluelessness.

Stillman looked good. Made a few bad mistakes, yes...but so did most other Hawks defenders the last two games. Last season, Stillman proved that he can play in the NHL but he hasn't played a lot this season prior to the trade. Then was asked to play big minutes right away without knowing the team or the system. He'll be fine.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Kalynuk
Boqvist
Beaudin
Stillman
Mitchell
Phillips
Regula
Moberg
Krutil
Krys

I can't rank the guys I haven't watched.
My list is a mix of how they've been this season and how I project they'd rank once they're all done playing.

I flip flopped the top 2 a couple times.
3&4 as well. I want to put Beaudin above Stillman. So thats what I went with.

This list will probably be completely different next year lol. But on April 16, 2021 - this is my rank,

TheDoorDoctor

Mar 6, 2013
ONT
Kalynuk
Boqvist
Beaudin
Stillman
Mitchell
Phillips
Regula
Moberg
Krutil
Krys

I can't rank the guys I haven't watched.
My list is a mix of how they've been this season and how I project they'd rank once they're all done playing.

I flip flopped the top 2 a couple times.
3&4 as well. I want to put Beaudin above Stillman. So thats what I went with.

This list will probably be completely different next year lol. But on April 16, 2021 - this is my rank,
This is why I love rankings! They age like milk

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
  1. Boqvist
  2. Beuadin
  3. Kalynuk
  4. Mitchell
  5. Vlasic
  6. Phillips
  7. Keiser
  8. Stillman
  9. Regula
  10. Yo' Momma
Phillips and Keiser quickly rising in this list. Kalynuk as well; the kid has surprised me in how well he's able to make subtle passing plays to alleviate pressure. Yo' Momma stays in last place, right below Regula, who is having a very mediocre season stats wise (maybe he's playing better than his stats show, I'm not Courtney, I don't watch endless amounts of Hogs games so I wouldn't know).

Regula isn't playing at all :laugh: that's also why he's pretty low on my list. I don't know what they're doing with him. He's getting the Brandon Pirri treatment.

Edit to add: Nothing about his play dictated that he shouldn't be in the lineup, FWIW.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Mitchell is mystifying to me. He looked really good to start the year. Then his play started sliding.

Then he came to Rockford.....
And I was NOT happy with him at all.

So many soft passes to the middle of the ice that resulted in turnovers. Not clearing the zone. Not hitting anyone with passes on the breakout like he was to start in CHI.

I'm confused. But it's his first pro year. I'll be more interested to see how he plays next season

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Mitchell is mystifying to me. He looked really good to start the year. Then his play started sliding.

Then he came to Rockford.....
And I was NOT happy with him at all.

So many soft passes to the middle of the ice that resulted in turnovers. Not clearing the zone. Not hitting anyone with passes on the breakout like he was to start in CHI.

I'm confused. But it's his first pro year. I'll be more interested to see how he plays next season
To me Mitchell is a guy that needs more time in Rockford

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad