Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zuccarello for a 2nd and 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Stepan trade, if we took Suzuki or Necas instead this deal would prob be #1. But we still got out of stepans bad contract and got Tony Deangelo who looks like a top offensive defenseman

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Went with ADA.

Three years later, the Rangers have a defenseman who is scoring at around a 20 goal, 60 point pace, at age 24, while Arizona has a 30 year old middle/bottom six center, and a fringe starter.

Taking Andersson and the 7th pick out of the equation that's an insanely lopsided trade.
it also took balls trading stepan. didnt take much guts to trade nash and a couple of seconds for fox.

Reactions: Greg02

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I feel like we should establish that you can't "take the next step" on these. Like, The Nash trade, you shouldn't be able to consider that Spooner became Strome, as that's listed separately. And the draft picks, the result of them, that's separate, too.

Or we don't care. :laugh:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think some people dock a bit of credit considering he WANTED to come here.

Going out and aggressively getting him, though, is why that move is so good. He could’ve waited and risked him getting wooed by someone else, but instead he paid a bit of a price to get him now, and obviously it was the right move.
I see that argument, but for me it's the gravity of the player. Fox is changing the outlook of this organization.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Some of that. Some of the rarity of what ADA is doing. Some of the value of getting a 7th pick (what happened notwithstanding). Some of the $12 million in savings and what it allowed us to do. Some of the decline of Stepan.

But they're very close for me. In fact, they're closer than the Nash trade --- which I really like, but it currently based more on hope than results. The results we're getting from both ADA and Fox are nothing short of exceptional. So even if Miller and Lindgren turns out to be an exceptional return, it's not there yet for me.

But I could more or less rank either the ADA or the Fox trades second. It's not really a divisive issue for me.

IDK - you have to factor the Spooner for Strome eventuality in that Nash trade and, I believe, there was a 7th from Boston coming back too.

Lindgren, Strome, Miller, Buriedsky, 7th for Nash.

I guess I swing and whiff on Fox because I think he would've waited it out and come here anyway.

ADA/Stepan etc... close 2nd for me.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
The Fox trade was amazing but I have trouble voting for it because it’s not nearly as shrewd as trades like the ADA or Zibanejad one.

Fox wanted to come here and he kind of handcuffed his old team. Gorton’s job was pretty easy here.

The Zibanejad trade on the other hand is just pure wizardry.

Reactions: Mac n Gs and jas

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
The Fox trade was amazing but I have trouble voting for it because it’s not nearly as shrewd as trades like the ADA or Zibanejad one.

Fox wanted to come here and he kind of handcuffed his old team. Gorton’s job was pretty easy here.

The Zibanejad trade on the other hand is just pure wizardry.

The entire trade tree with Brassard serves as almost a text book example of asset management --- with Gorton putting the exclamation mark at the end of the text.

The Rangers trade Marian Gaborik for a package that includes a 25 year old Brassard, a former high draft pick who hadn't yet put it all together.

He finally puts a lot of the pieces in place with the Rangers, and is traded after peak production, at the age of 28, for a 23 year old kid who is also a former high draft pick who hadn't yet put it all together. On top of this, the Rangers also get a second round pick that is used as part of a trade the following spring.

Zibanejad then turns around and not starts to put his pieces together, but turns into arguably the best center the Rangers have had in nearly 25 years.

I mean maybe the only flaw you can find in the tree (in hindsight) is moving the second round pick for Smith? But even then, is there anyone between 33 and 39 (Lindbom) that really keeps us up nights?

Reactions: ColonialsHockey10

Unusual Suspect

Aug 22, 2005
Warren County, NJ
Was sitting here thinking about changing my vote to the Nash deal... and then remembered not only that Beleskey was a salary dump, not a plus for us, and that the hope was that Spooner was a real player, it makes the "hockey acumen" part of the deal seem a little less exceptional. Still turned out great, though. Wonder if JG saw more in Lindgren than Boston did, or if Ryan was just the best add he could get at the time. God knows this board was less than enthusiastic for the most part.

Nyrtrublue1

Dec 25, 2018
If we are ranking all of his moves please add graves for what's his name(honestly dont even remember) that or McDonough/Miller can be last

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
DeAngelo... 60 point RD and 7th OA pick...

I’m not factoring in the pick made by the scouting department, but even if you do it’s a clear win.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
454F4784-3212-4C1B-B538-CDA58B3B124F.png

Jesper Fast has 1 more point in 3 less games this year than Stepan.

ADA has 20 more points in 4 less games than Stepan.

Despite Lias not working out, this was a home f***ing run of a trade by Gorts and is easily his 2nd best move imo.

Reactions: Rongomania

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
Went with Panarin signing. Everybody knew he was gonna be good but not this good. I’m guessing it’s not #1 because JD played a big part in getting the bread man in NY.

H00fHearted

Jun 20, 2018
Getting TDA in exchange for dumping Stepan’s 6.5M cap hit these last couple of years (and next year too) gets my vote.

I think Grabner for Rykov and the 2nd that was used to move up to grab Miller was an under appreciated shrewd move. Well deserving of being in this poll.

Reactions: Rongomania

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad