• McDonagh and Miller for Howden, Hajek, Namestnikov, 1st, 2nd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zuccarello for a 2nd and 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Fox trade but wasn't easy because the Nash trade is looking pretty tremendous as well right now but we really still don't know what we have with Miller.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I feel like we should establish that you can't "take the next step" on these. Like, The Nash trade, you shouldn't be able to consider that Spooner became Strome, as that's listed separately. And the draft picks, the result of them, that's separate, too.

Or we don't care. :laugh:

Last edited:

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I feel like we should establish that you can't "take the next step" on these. Like, The Nash trade, you shouldn't be able to consider that Spooner became Strome, as that's listed separately.
That's why I think the DeAngelo trade is a clear cut above. I do take for granted that we would have signed Fox in the 2020 offseason though, but that was the reason we got him so cheap in the first place.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If it was as clear as what the returns turned out to be then I would have picked the Arizona trade here.

But I'm trying to objectively weigh how I felt about the trades when they were made with how they turned out. Stepan was still a good player with term left on his deal and I was at the time underwhelmed with the return.

DeAngelo has been a home run on his own though.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
It’s the Stepan trade. Lias has turned out to be a disappointment so far but getting the #7 overall and DeAngelo for a backup and a guy who basically fell off a cliff.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I went with Nash. Lindgren was the guy I wanted back in that deal and they got the first and a roster player for an expiring contract.

Taking Belesky's contract on to increase the return was also a good move.

Add Gauthier for Keane. This one really can't be judged for a few more years, but for the sake of this poll.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
If Kandre Miller turns out to be as good as we hope that trade might be one of the best I’ve seen. Even the Boston GM admitted he messed up in that deal basically

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
All these choices are being made with hindsight in mind, yes? Or judging him based on the view of the move at the moment it happened?

Cause I think some of the moves can definitely be more favorable because of hindsight and may not be fair to other more recent moves which haven't aged. And like @nyr2k2 said, expanding on them to include the prospects drafted with picks and whatnot have an impact (Nash trade tree in particular). Not really fair, right?

Annnnnnnnnnnnnyway...Stepan+Raanta for 7OA+ADA is my choice.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
And, not unlike the Tampa trade, the ADA deal with Arizona also shipped out two players currently making a combined $10.75m in salary right now --- including one guy whose movement clauses were about to kick in.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Arizona trade barely beat the Fox trade — but only because Lias wasn’t even top-10 material.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
It was between the ADA trade and the Strome trade for me. I went with the Strome trade.

Other trades turned out nicely, but we received a legitimate 2nd line center for a guy who had to go to Europe to continue his career. That is highway robbery.

Reactions: Unusual Suspect

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Went with the Nash trade because of how much we ended up getting out of it. But the next few choices are gonna be razor thin, there are a lot of great moves to choose from at the top. Ada/Strome/Fox trades are all A+’s.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
Went with the Nash trade because of how much we ended up getting out of it. But the next few choices are gonna be razor thin, there are a lot of great moves to choose from at the top. Ada/Strome/Fox trades are all A+’s.

The Fox trade is knocked down a peg because he pretty much forced the trade here. Gorton still deserves credit because he could have chosen to wait until this upcoming summer to flat out sign him for nothing, but taking no chances and trading for him a year early was obviously 100% worth it.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The Nash trade technically led to the Strome trade
Yeah that's why I think we shouldn't be expanding on the actual parameters of the deals when we evaluate them. We should only consider the actual assets obtained; not what those assets were later traded for or who we drafted with a pick.

Like if Lundqvist's 7th was acquired for some chud 20 years ago, you'd have to say that was the greatest trade we ever made. But you should only be able to look at it as the random for the pick, and nothing further. IMO, anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad