Rank your TOP 10 Goalies in NHL?

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
this year so far, crawford deserves the vezina. yeah its early but holy lights out.

There's not doubt he's in the conversation, but I haven't seen the other goalies enough to make that assessment. However, these awards have a tendency to be lifetime achievement awards. Perhaps, some of the writers will feel that way if Crow is still in range for the Vezina at the end of the year.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
There's not doubt he's in the conversation, but I haven't seen the other goalies enough to make that assessment. However, these awards have a tendency to be lifetime achievement awards. Perhaps, some of the writers will feel that way if Crow is still in range for the Vezina at the end of the year.

Keep in mind that it's the GMs that vote for the Vezina, not the writers.

Subbaman

Character win.
Aug 22, 2012
Montréal, QC
I'll play.

1- Price
2- Holtby
3- Schneider
4- Crawford
5- Lundqvist
6- Bishop
7- Quick
8- Rask
9- Luongo
10- Dubnyk
HM: Varlamov, Talbot, Rinne, Bobrovsky

CloutierForVezina

May 13, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
1. Price

2. Schneider
3. Holtby
4. Rask
5. Crawford

6. Lundqvist
7. Dubnyk
8. Quick
9. Bishop
10. Luongo

Bob is making a real case to fight his way back onto this list. Jones and Murray are close to breaking in, Gibson might be there in a year or two, Talbot is making a strong push to establish himself here as well.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Price - The best of the best right now. The clear #1.

Rask - One "bad" season his entire career and his numbers were still better than most. From the start of his career his SV%, Quality starts are better than anyone in the NHL, i believe.

Schnieder/Holtby

False.

Not that it means anything, but Rask is at .639 while Schneider is at .642.

Why not check such a simple fact before misleading the Boards ?

PS: Same thing for save %.

Rask at .92455, Schneider at .92514.

Bleeker

Mar 6, 2011
Middle Earth
- Price

- Schneider

- Holtby
- Rask
- Lundqvist
- Quick
- Crawford
- Bishop
- Luongo
- Bobrovsky

HM: Talbot, Rinne, Dubnyk, Fleury

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
As a habs fan I gotta say

Price- top

Next level

Rask
Schneider

Best of the rest

(Holtby
Bishop
Crawford )

That's the order I would choose goalies in s fantasy draft

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
What about Craig Anderson?

Anderson hasn't been mentioned even once and yet his stats are pretty much as good from an all around perspective as the top 5 goalies in the league thus far as far as wins, GAA and Save %. Combine that with the fact he is dealing with the unfortunate stuff that is going with his wife and her cancer situation, it is absolutaly astonishing the year he is having and that not even one person other than me right now has mentioned how well he is performing thus far.

I realize he's not the "sexy" type goalie compared to others and he's on the oldersid but facts are fact fellas, at this point of the season, he's easily top 5 for me overall thus far let alone top 10 and I'm shocked not even one person has mentioned him.

Am I on an island here or there something I'm not seeing here? After the first 3-4 games of the year where even tho he won the games he played in, his stats have been as good as any goalie in the league not named Cary Price. Sorry fellas but some of y'all are missing the boat here on Anderson.

Heck, he's not even been mentioned in anyone's honorable mentions yet....shocking. The guy has been phenomenal so far. Time for some of y'all to start paying attention...lol

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
1. Price
2. Schneider
3. Holtby
4. Lundqvist
5. Rask
6. Quick
7. Crawford
8. Bishop
9. Luongo
10. Talbot/Jones

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Dubnyk being on so many of these lists just further proves my point that when people make these lists, they base some of their picks on who has been hot for this season or one particular seasons. James Reimer might have been on a couple of these lists in the first month of last season.

I can't get behind Dubnyk being on a ''Top 10 goalies in the NHL'' list, unless we're talking a top 10 goalies in the NHL this season, which Dubnyk would be in the top 3 quite easily.

But Dubnyk has been an average goaltender for most of his career, with the propensity to have some meh or bad seasons and then some really good seasons as well.

There ain't no way in hell Dubnyk is one of the 10 best goaltenders in the NHL.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Quick and Schneider are a lot closer than you would think.
Hey Glenn, I know the zombie apocalypse began in 2010 and Schneider had only played 10 NHL games by that point, including 8 BRUTAL one's in 08-09. But in the real world, it's 2016 and I just don't think this is the case at all.

I would absolutely put Quick in the top 10, just probably on the lower end. As far as Dubnyk and Murray and some of these other names being ranked ahead of him, hell no. Murray has only played 37 games in the NHL, that's including 21 playoff games. I think we need a larger sample for him. Dubnyk has been an average goaltender for most of his career. He's having a hot start to this season and had a hot 14-15 season. He also had a terrible season just the year before that. He's not as bad as he was that year, nor as good as he's started this year or 14-15.

And LOL @ calling Crawford Niemi 2.0

Crawford has already had 3 seasons that were as good or better than Niemi's best season in the league. He was also much stronger in both of his cup runs than Niemi was in his. Niemi has also been one of the worst playoff goaltenders of the decade, while Crawford has been one of the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad