McAvoy
Chara
Krug
Miller
Grzelcyk
McQuaid
Carlo
Holden

Maybe interchange McQuaid and Carlo here and there.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Is anyone else willing to offer their opinions? I'd be particularly interested to hear about Chicago, Carolina, Arizona, New Jersey

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Including the traded players:

McDonagh
Shattenkirk
Skjei
Pionk
Holden
Staal
Smith
Kampfer
Gilmour
DeAngelo
O'Gara
Sproul
I usually agree with you PB but you have Deangelo awfully low..he’s been really good this season right before he got injured. Gilmour was certainly not above him (or even O Gara). I’d have him right after Pionk although a gap is there

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I usually agree with you PB but you have Deangelo awfully low..he’s been really good this season right before he got injured. Gilmour was certainly not above him (or even O Gara). I’d have him right after Pionk although a gap is there

I think DeAngelo sucks.

32 games, 8 points, thats not good enough for a player who isn't good defensively. And lets say that was 16 points, the defense wouldn't matter that much, as it doesn't for Shattenkirk. When you put up offense at a 20 point per 82 game rate and you can't defend, you aren't good, in my opinion. Maybe he'll improve, but right now I think he sucks, and isn't an NHL'er.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Krug
Chara
McAvoy

Carlo
Miller
Grzelcyk

McQuaid
Holden

Krug's 59 point season is hard to overlook, especially the return of his goal scoring.

Chara and McAvoy both had good seasons but Charlie missed more time due to injury than 41 year old Chara, who is still a beast in this league.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Weber
Petry
Mete
Reilly
Juulsen
Lernout
Pylon with short beard
Pylon with long beard
Pylon who can't open pickle jars

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Ristolainen
Scandella
--
Antipin
--
Guhle
Nelson
--
McCabe
Bogosian
Gorges
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
Beaulieu

I think you being to nice for everyone under Scandella lol. For me it would go

Risto - Top pairing
Scandella -Top 4
--
--
--
Antipin - 5/6
--
--
Guhle - 7 ( still tons of potential. Brought up a little fast to play defense for a tire fire)
--
Nelson -AHL
--
--
--
McCabe - WTF happened?
Georges - retire already!
--
--
--
--
Bogoasian - hurt all year. Looks at ice and needs a medic. Still better than Beaulieu on the bench.
Beaulieu - Beer league

Last edited:

finnishflash

Mar 19, 2018
Yandle

Ekblad
Matheson

Petrovic
Pysyk

McCoshen
Weegar

I think that neither Petrovic or Pysyk are top 4 dmen right now. It really hurt the Panthers this season and should be a priority for the team to acquire someone during the off-season who can play in the second pair.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I think you being to nice for everyone under Scandella lol. For me it would go

Risto - Top pairing
Scandella -Top 4
--
--
--
Antipin - 5/6
--
--
Guhle - 7
--
Nelson -AHL
--
--
--
McCabe - WTF happened?
Georges - retire already!
--
--
--
--
Bogoasian - hurt all year. Looks at ice and needs a medic. Still better than Beaulieu on the bench.
Beaulieu - Beer league
We were worried he was going to break out in Buffalo and we'd have lost another trade with a D-man

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Slavin (23 years old, #1)

Pesce (22 years old, #2/3)
Faulk (25 years old, #2/3)

Hanifin (20 years old, #4/5)
TVR (26 years old, #4/5)
Fleury (21 years old, #5/6)

Would be a group of monsters if it was 5 years from now. Unfortunately they are all still (very) green compared to their top-ends.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Slavin (23 years old, #1)

Pesce (22 years old, #2/3)
Faulk (25 years old, #2/3)

Hanifin (20 years old, #4/5)
TVR (26 years old, #4/5)
Fleury (21 years old, #5/6)

Would be a group of monsters if it was 5 years from now. Unfortunately they are all still (very) green compared to their top-ends.
You are underrating Hanifin and Pesce for sure

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
1. Yandle - plays tough minutes, put up a good amount of points, was very responsible defensively. played like a #1
2. Ekblad - slow start but showed promise. scored a ton of goals for a d-man. needs to work on skating
3. Matheson - slow start and a bit inconsistent but showed elite upside at times. got more consistent as season went on. legit top 4 guy
4. Weegar - strong rookie season, reminds me of a Dan Boyle light. May be ready for a top 4 role
5. Petrovic - extremely slow start but got better as season went on. Solid bottom pair guy.
6. Pysyk - Big regression. Doesn't appear to be able to handle top 4 minutes. Could have been an off year

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
That’s a joke right? Ericsson at 1 :laugh:

our whole defense is a joke, and im 100% serious about Ericsson at #1. He was the only guy that could clear the crease this season. Was the only guy that made consistent break-out passes imo. Green made too many defensive mistakes. Daley can skate but thats about it. DeKeyser is like vegan ericsson - tall but super lanky and weak. Jensen and Ouellet are terrible but Jensen can skate. Peg leg Kronwall cant skate but he's better than Ouellet.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
our whole defense is a joke, and im 100% serious about Ericsson at #1. He was the only guy that could clear the crease this season. Green made too many defensive mistakes. Daley can skate but thats about it. DeKeyser is like vegan ericsson - tall but super lanky and weak. Jensen and Ouellet are terrible but Jensen can skate. Peg leg Kronwall cant skate but he's better than Ouellet.
Ericsson is so f***ing slow

I would have Jensen in last for Detroit. He is awful

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
He broke out alright lmao. He can skate like a NHl'er, but plays the game like he's never been on a team before. All toolbox and no tools.
That's him in a nutshell, has the 'controller disconnected' moments several times every game where you wonder if the play has been blown dead cause he's just doing his own thing nowhere close to the action

Reactions: sabrescupbound

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad