Rank these young C

How would you rank the following players in 5 years?

• Total voters

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I keep reading he's not a centre I could be wrong but generally young centre's are brought along on wing for a year or two anyway especially someone like Hughes whose quite small and not sure he will be able to do the defensive work of a centre just yet. However maybe I'm completely wrong :huh:?
yeah not guys like Hughes. other prospects yes but not 1st overall picks that are natural Centers

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
1.Pettersson
2.Hughes --> is the wildcard cause he has done nothing in the NHL yet
3.Aho
4.Matthews
5.Eichel
6.Point
7.Barzal

HenrikW

Feb 21, 2018
In 5 years:
1.Point
2.Hughes
3.Pettersson
4.Matthews
5.Eichel
6.Aho
7.Barzal

Bookmark it

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I keep reading he's not a centre I could be wrong but generally young centre's are brought along on wing for a year or two anyway especially someone like Hughes whose quite small and not sure he will be able to do the defensive work of a centre just yet. However maybe I'm completely wrong :huh:?
This is some garbage narrative from the mainboard with no basis in reality. He's done nothing but play center since showing up in development camp for the Devils. He's playing center on the 2nd/3rd line (depending on how you want to structure the depth chart), and he's been fine defensively in the preseason as far as positioning and effort goes, but he obviously needs to get stronger. Regardless, he's not going to be asked to shut down top lines or even face the best competition, the Devils have players to cover that.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Jack Hughes? To my understanding, he is a center lol.

He's centering NJ 2nd line right now in pre-season. Am I missing something?

They can list him at center. If they want to do that, he's going to be way down a center list because he doesn't play the position well. He'll add more value as a winger.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
yeah not guys like Hughes. other prospects yes but not 1st overall picks that are natural Centers

This is some garbage narrative from the mainboard with no basis in reality. He's done nothing but play center since showing up in development camp for the Devils. He's playing center on the 2nd/3rd line (depending on how you want to structure the depth chart), and he's been fine defensively in the preseason as far as positioning and effort goes, but he obviously needs to get stronger. Regardless, he's not going to be asked to shut down top lines or even face the best competition, the Devils have players to cover that.

Well I did say I could be wrong I'm not picking on him as I think he will be a great player. However the kid is very young and slender. Putting him on wing to start the year would not be the worst idea. Let him concentrate on offense and leave the defensive centre duties to someone else. Some great centres started on wing Kesler and Messier to name two I'm sure plenty more. Doesn't mean he won't be a centre down road. However if he's doing just fine at centre already then power to him. I wasn't trying to be funny as we all know he played centre in college. Good luck with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad