Post-Game Talk: Rangers XY @ Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Both of Minny's goals were a little fluky. Satisfied completely with the win. This was the hottest team in the league, they still have to clinch a spot, and we came in to their building and handed them a loss. All's well.

2014-15 METRO (PATRICK) DIVISION CHAMPS!

1. Nash
2. Henrik
3. Kreider

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
So you want us to improve on greatness, still? I mean, we can always get better. But your theory was debunked a while back, so . . .

Id really like this team to play better in the 3rd, granted they've won a ton of game in the third but they always seem to take their foot off the gas, sometimes slightly, in the third or after they get a lead.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Good game guys. Fun to watch to good teams go at it.

Also, hopefully Skjei turns out for you guys. It's been fun to watch him develop.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Now that was a much better game. We still won 3-2, but we weren't dominated for minutes on end and we didn't rely on Hank/Cam to play like Patty Roy. I'm cool with this win. Oh, and we clinched to Metro. So that's neat.

You know you have it good when you can pick and choose which wins you like...

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
I was yelling at the TV for Nash to skate because it looked like he would have a chance to negate the icing with the way these clown officials have been calling them tonight. Staal also made a huge battering ram play at the end to get it out of the middle.

Hank easily 1st star. Good performances from Miller, Hayes, and Zucc. Nash showing signs of life.

PP though is usual slime. Shameful. Could've been a much easier game for us.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Id really like this team to play better in the 3rd, granted they've won a ton of game in the third but they always seem to take their foot off the gas, sometimes slightly, in the third or after they get a lead.

There are two teams on the ice. This is consistent throughout the league. In fact, I see this same thing posted on just about every team board. Every single fan out there thinks that their team sucks in the third period.

When you're winning and playing another team, that second team will also try and win (or tie). They will get more desperate at the end of the game. It's just how it is, dude.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Hank is invaluable at giving the team a chance when the game is close. Best player on the team still IMO.

kmw220*

The last ten minutes was textbook how we play the 3rd and want to play the 3rd on the road with a lead.

Btw, did everyone see Vanek slap the stick out of the King's hands right before he scored? Hate that guy.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
There are two teams on the ice. This is consistent throughout the league. In fact, I see this same thing posted on just about every team board. Every single fan out there thinks that their team sucks in the third period.

When you're winning and playing another team, that second team will also try and win (or tie). They will get more desperate at the end of the game. It's just how it is, dude.

I don't know why this is a hard concept for some to grasp. Surprised by how many people here can't handle/understand the basic momentum swings of a typical hockey game.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
So you want us to improve on greatness, still? I mean, we can always get better. But your theory was debunked a while back, so . . .

18th in the NHL in SA Corsi isn't really greatness. A lot of goaleis standing on their heads.

Just don't shell. Shelling isn't the same as "playing with the lead"

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
You want to know why hybrid icing is ****ing garbage? The Nash play at the end and the BS call from earlier. If that were in a playoff game, that could be game changing.

Players still don't understand it well enough for it to not be a hindrance to them. They probably never will, me neither half the time.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Big win. Hank looking sharp.

Won the division, but out West they'd be a lottery team so, small victory.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I don't know why this is a hard concept for some to grasp. Surprised by how many people here can't handle/understand the basic momentum swings of a typical hockey game.

Bingo. It blows my mind. Really blows my mind.

Whenever I was playing and our team was losing, we'd bust ass even harder at the end to try and tie it up. Sort of like how NHL teams do.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013

They are CONSISTENTLY outpossessed in the third no matter what the situation is. They absolutely have a shelling problem. Obviously there are cases of desperate teams throwing everything they have like the Florida game, but is every team we lead against in the 3rd desperate? Yeah I doubt that.

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
Rangers were 50.15% SA CF% at ES. Again, were better after Miller scored. Horrible start to the period.

blah blah blah blah, have you not watched this team this year? Do they seriously need to win the stanley cup 4-0 in every series for people like you to sit down and enjoy a good team being good?

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Lundqvist hasn't skipped a beat. Now if only the defensemen would stop holding his hand and start playing some defense....:sarcasm:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Holy ****, great play at the end by Nasher. I don't know if he actually won that race, but MAN what an effort.

Great save by Hank there at the end, getting back into the flow.

Great game by McD finding his game at the right time.

Great games by Ranger 1st round draft picks recently (hey, Slats, can we keep some of those going forward?)

And, oh yeah, we beat the hottest team in the league in their barn.

Great win.

#Unsustainable. :sarcasm:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
They are CONSISTENTLY outpossessed in the third no matter what the situation is. They absolutely have a shelling problem. Obviously there are cases of desperate teams throwing everything they have like the Florida game, but is every team we lead against in the 3rd desperate? Yeah I doubt that.

Yes. Consistently. We suck in the third. I get it. The other teams are never good and can't possibly be why our team is the worst ever in the history of third periods.

And yes. Just about any team (sans Buffalo and the tankers) are going to be desperate in the third. That's sports for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad