Rumor: Rangers working on a Giordano deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Giordano makes a ton of sense in so many ways. His contract is bad for most teams but it's perfect for this team. 1 year left @ $6.75m is too much for most teams to even think about acquiring. He's 37 and played big minutes for a bad team last year that couldn't score and did well. Cut back his usage and tough minutes and you're looking at a nice veteran presence for a season with his contract expiring right when Zibanejad and Fox's new deals kick in. On top of that, as he is older than 35, if the team wanted to re-sign him they could do so on 1 year deals with some bonuses if necessary.

The guy is known to be in phenomenal shape and is still looking to win so he is hungry. Worst case scenario would be that he doesn't work out and the Rangers trade him at the deadline for a late round pick to a team looking for defensive depth.

Yeah, and he has great attitude, hard nosed, tremendously experienced. Captain in the NHL for 10 years. 1 year deal is perfect.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Depth is always a good thing. Guess we’ll see what the cost is. Shouldn’t be much.
Well, if this happens, and they are healthy, I don't foresee Miller getting any special teams time on ice at all.

So I am more in opinion 2 there, where I don't think this is helpful to Miller's advancement. Yet if the point to this season is more to go for the playoffs now, then it would likely help towards that goal.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
The Hockey Guy latest video states not only did Seattle pick Giordano but from the sources he follows goes on to claim that Giordano will be named the Kraken’s first Captain.
So there’s that.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
So the question is...What goes the other way? If they are Keeping Blackwell, and they are adding Giordano with 1 year remaining. Im praying Drury didn't give up 15th OA for this.

Reactions: NYRangers16

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’m more and more thinking carp completely spit balled that kraken need a face of the franchise even if it’s just for a year. They didn’t draft one. Giordano could at least be the captain.

NYRangers16

Oct 23, 2010
Hell's Kitchen
Well, if this happens, and they are healthy, I don't foresee Miller getting any special teams time on ice at all.

So I am more in opinion 2 there, where I don't think this is helpful to Miller's advancement. Yet if the point to this season is more to go for the playoffs now, then it would likely help towards that goal.

Agreed with this take. But who knows. It’s just one season. Gives Gallant more options which is healthy. And maybe Miller can be sheltered. And if he’s deserving, only Trouba is the likely obstacle to him being on PP2

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Strome, Buch, Jones and #15
for
Gio and #2

yes, i know its not happening

NYRangers16

Oct 23, 2010
Hell's Kitchen
take out Jones and replace him with Miller. Miller reminds me of Staal. Jones will bring more scoring. rather keep Jones over Miller

Miller is very young and stepped right into the NHL. Give him time. His skating and reach + big body bode very well for a successful career at a minimum. Yes, Jones is a slick skater and I like his offensive upside but we’ll see how his defense develops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad