Rumor: Rangers Won't Invite Any Veterans on PTO's

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Good the battle should be Chytil , Andersson , Howden as the top prospects w Lindqvist, Meskannen , Lettieri

Vets Holland , McLeod , Belesky

Other spots are locked
Kreider , Zib. Zuc
Names, Hayes , buch
Vesey , x , spooner
X, x, Fast

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Fontaine is great on draws. IMO, he will be the 4th line center on this team either at the start or after the trade deadline. If the team struggles early I would hope Gorton moves Namestnikov and Spooner early to make room for two young players to continue the rebuild. I hope the team after the deadline looks as follows. Don't want Smith there at all but I will take him in shape over DeAngelo who blows, any day of the week. I believe they will deal Hayes at the deadline. I've always thought Kreider would be better on right wing where he could use his speed and cut to the middle on his forehand. Vesey was completely misused by clueless AV. I break Andersson in on the 4th line and use him along with Fontaine and Nieves as much as possible on the PK unit. Which means our PK probably will struggle for a while.

Vesey-Zibanejad-Kreider
Fast-Chytil-Zucc
Buchnevich-Howden-Meskanen
Andersson-Fontaine-Nieves

Hajek-Shattenkirk
Skjei-Poink
Lindgren-Smith

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Fontaine is great on draws. IMO, he will be the 4th line center on this team either at the start or after the trade deadline. If the team struggles early I would hope Gorton moves Namestnikov and Spooner early to make room for two young players to continue the rebuild. I hope the team after the deadline looks as follows. Don't want Smith there at all but I will take him in shape over DeAngelo who blows, any day of the week. I believe they will deal Hayes at the deadline. I've always thought Kreider would be better on right wing where he could use his speed and cut to the middle on his forehand. Vesey was completely misused by clueless AV. I break Andersson in on the 4th line and use him along with Fontaine and Nieves as much as possible on the PK unit. Which means our PK probably will struggle for a while.

Vesey-Zibanejad-Kreider
Fast-Chytil-Zucc
Buchnevich-Howden-Meskanen
Andersson-Fontaine-Nieves

Hajek-Shattenkirk
Skjei-Poink
Lindgren-Smith

I don't see any reason to rush on trading Namestnikov or Spooner. Wait to get the best value. If a young player really forces their hand then sure go for it, but otherwise...no reason to make trades for the sake of making trades

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I guess we could merge this thread together....

Here's the Training Camp Roster....

So Larry wasn't necessarily wrong, but there is one PTO and that is Jeremy Brodeur. Halverson is out with a knee injury so he won't be partaking. Makes sense for Brodeur to be there.

Bobby Butler (remember him?) is on an AHL deal.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I guess we could merge this thread together....

Here's the Training Camp Roster....

So Larry wasn't necessarily wrong, but there is one PTO and that is Jeremy Brodeur. Halverson is out with a knee injury so he won't be partaking. Makes sense for Brodeur to be there.

Bobby Butler (remember him?) is on an AHL deal.

Seems like a smaller roster than most years. Which is a good thing with a new coach and all.

Reactions: Inferno

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
One thing I despised about a.v. was how long he let guys with no chance stick around. 1 game for everyone then make cuts. Slim down as soon as u can, giving the guys who are on the bubble as much time as possible to show what they have to offer.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
One thing I despised about a.v. was how long he let guys with no chance stick around. 1 game for everyone then make cuts. Slim down as soon as u can, giving the guys who are on the bubble as much time as possible to show what they have to offer.
That just ties into his general lack of accountability. Or, should I say...imbalance of accountability.

Quinn, hopefully, will bring more of that to everyone. Equally.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
I'm not surprised, but I thought maybe they would've brought in a Bottom 6 center as some insurance, but I guess they feel this is good enough. They could always work the waiver wire if they feel they need an extra body.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
I'm not surprised, but I thought maybe they would've brought in a Bottom 6 center as some insurance, but I guess they feel this is good enough. They could always work the waiver wire if they feel they need an extra body.

I think we probably have enough centers to manage. After Zib and Hayes you have Names/Spooner/Andersson/Chytil/Howden/Nieves.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad