Injury Report: Rangers who already had COVID

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
I can't find a thread for this, but I'd like to keep up with who already had corona because those who already had it are highly unlikely to get it again (with a few exceptions), so we can have an easier way of predicting what our playoff roster will look like.

I also suspect that players who already had it will have higher rental value, but we're buyers, not sellers this year.

* Galant
* Kelly

1. Shesterkin
2. Georgie
3. Fox
4. Lindgren
5. Nemeth
6. Tinordi
7. Panarin
8. Zibanijad
9. Strome
10. Kakko
11. Rooney
12. Reaves
13. Chytil
14. Goat

Am I missing anybody else?

Can we keep this thread open so we can add to it as more players get it, so we don't have to run around looking for it across a dozen websites each time?

Last edited:

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I was thinking about this the other day. It's almost good (wrong term?) for the team to go through this slowly like they are now rather than later

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I was thinking of making this list as well since once you come out of protocol once, you do not have to go back in again for the rest of the season if I’m remembering it correctly?

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
I was thinking of making this list as well since once you come out of protocol once, you do not have to go back in again for the rest of the season if I’m remembering it correctly?
I think its once you're off you don't get tested for 90 days, but I too could be wrong.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I think its once you're off you don't get tested for 90 days, but I too could be wrong.
No, you're right:

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 1.52.52 PM.png

Reactions: egelband

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
I was thinking about this the other day. It's almost good (wrong term?) for the team to go through this slowly like they are now rather than later

Kreider, Trouba and most importantly Fox need to not be out in the playoffs (among those who didn't already get it).

Jackson Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I can't find a thread for this, but I'd like to keep up with who already had corona because those who already had it are highly unlikely to get it again (with a few exceptions), so we can have an easier way of predicting what our playoff roster will look like.

I also suspect that players who already had it will have higher rental value, but we're buyers, not sellers this year.

* Galant
* Kelly

1. Shesterkin
2. Georgie
3. Lindgren
4. Nemeth
5. Timordi
6. Panarin
7. Zibanijad
8. Strome
9. Kakko
10. Goat
11. Rooney

Am I missing anybody else?

Can we keep this thread open so we can add to it as more players get it, so we don't have to run around looking for it across a dozen websites each time?
Reaves?

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Good thread idea @Luger. I do think we should differentiate between the strains though. Mika, for all intents and purposes, right now, is probably not immune to Omicron like Artemi is.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004

CDC recommends a 5-10 day isolation period after a positive test result, regardless of test result status after that period. Taken at face value, that means you can expect to test positive long after the transmission period expires.

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
Chytil had covid last year which delayed his return to the lineup after his wrist injury.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Some players go in for exposure, don't they? And Zibanejad's protocol earlier this year was a false positive. He did have it last year, but having it last year won't prevent him from getting it now.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I am not sure where I read it but I am almost positive there was a piece in the paper about Trouba in the off season. I will Google it . Edit: I must have been dreaming ....I can't find anything that supports it .

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Kreider, Trouba and most importantly Fox need to not be out in the playoffs (among those who didn't already get it).

So, let's hope they all test positive one by one (not all at once because we have to ice a decent team) so that the team cumulatively won't need to test again for 3 months when late-March/April rolls around.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
For Zibanejad, I believe his protocol earlier in the year was a false positive or inconclusive test as he came off the next day. He's had Covid before but I would take him off the list as he could definitely get Omicron.

For Strome, he had it back in October but I'd also be inclined to take him off the list. His 90 day non-testing window will be up and he presumably got Delta or another strain and not Omicron which has shown to break through those with previous infections and vax status.

I don't believe the league does anything in regards to close contacts like they did last season so anyone who's entered protocol and stayed there this season has had Covid. To me, that would leave the current list as....

1. McKegg
2. Nemeth
3. Georgiev
4. Lindgren
5. Rooney
6. Tinordi
7. Panarin
8. Shesterkin
9. Gauthier
10. Reaves

These guys should all be in the clear for the near term. Left Wing Lock has a comprehensive list of players in protocol and formerly in protocol.

COVID-related Absence List | leftwinglock.com

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Doesn't having any variant reduce the odds by a huge percentage? Not eliminate the odds, but still reduce them by like 95% or 99%? I don't think it goes back to square one as soon as there's a new variant or else this thing is never going to end because viruses always have new variants. If the odds are greatly reduced and rather than having someone, often multiple players out every single game, we instead have one player per team once a season get it, that's a whole different universe as early as next season.

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
So, let's hope they all test positive one by one (not all at once because we have to ice a decent team) so that the team cumulatively won't need to test again for 3 months when late-March/April rolls around.

Or better yet, we get so many players test positive at once that they just reschedule our games. This way they get antibodies and then play with a full roster.

Reactions: will1066

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Both trouba and Fox had it last year

I believe kreider did as well

lafreniere and Miller are the only two that I can think of left

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Imagine being a contender and losing in the playoffs because of Covid protocol? Is that how the Leafs blow it this year?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Doesn't having any variant reduce the odds by a huge percentage? Not eliminate the odds, but still reduce them by like 95% or 99%? I don't think it goes back to square one as soon as there's a new variant or else this thing is never going to end because viruses always have new variants. If the odds are greatly reduced and rather than having someone, often multiple players out every single game, we instead have one player per team once a season get it, that's a whole different universe as early as next season.

Vax and prior infection provided really good strength against new infection previously but the amount of mutations with Omicron combined with how infectious it is kind of blew the doors off that. I wouldn’t consider anyone who’s had prior infection or vaxxed safe against infection for Omicron with the amount of breakthrough cases and second infections I’ve seen.

The end of this will be the virus continuing to mutate and getting weaker and the NHL not testing asymptomatic players and outright not testing at all once we enter the endemic stage of this.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Imagine being a contender and losing in the playoffs because of Covid protocol? Is that how the Leafs blow it this year?
This is something they need to figure out. They can't go into the playoffs with this current set up.

Whether its "get a booster and get the NBA deal", or simply reducing testing of asymptomatic guys, something has to give.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
This is something they need to figure out. They can't go into the playoffs with this current set up.

Whether its "get a booster and get the NBA deal", or simply reducing testing of asymptomatic guys, something has to give.
Asymptomatic players still spread the disease...why test anyone then?

The whole point of testing for covid is so that people who have it don't spread it to others...not so that they themselves know what they have.

Why is this so complicated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad