Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs Super Ovi @ 5PM, Verizon Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Richards looked good, like others have said... Kinda like Williams, maybe not quite as crafty, but certainly knows what to do around a puck.

He also looked clearly winded at times, but that's good, IMO -- once his conditioning gets up to speed, he should be able to do more on the ice.

Don't know if he has enough speed to have a big impact consistently, but definitely nice to have a player like that on the 4th line/as insurance.

Come to think of it, if the Caps add a decent forward at the deadline, they really will have 4 lines capable of doing damage...

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Sorry to whine after a win but am I the only one who thinks Nicky has looked plain awful the last handful of games? Think the top line being incapable of doing any damage offensively (recently) is more on him than the other two wingers. His passing looks woeful, his ability to stick with the puck is horrible right now, he just looks lost out there. The hell? Has he been hanging out with Laich lately?

hockeyfan88

Dec 14, 2015
Sorry to whine after a win but am I the only one who thinks Nicky has looked plain awful the last handful of games? Think the top line being incapable of doing any damage offensively (recently) is more on him than the other two wingers. His passing looks woeful, his ability to stick with the puck is horrible right now, he just looks lost out there. The hell? Has he been hanging out with Laich lately?

His passing is ok I think. What bugs me is that he is not protecting the puck on the boards as well as he did in the past.

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
It's two games... but there's a history of very good play and so far I really like what Richards is doing. Assuming he gets his conditioning and learns the team we could have found a really nice 3C, though I'd keep Mojo there.

OV-Nick-TJ
Bura-Kuz-JWil
-------
MoJo-Rich-Wils
Chim-Beagl-leftovers
OR
Chim-Mojo-Wils
leftovers-Richards-Beagle

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I would guess Nicky is ailing. I think it was Laich one time on 1067 saying that if a player is noticeably not playing to their normal standards, its because they are injured.

I think he was talking about Chimera IIRC, in the off season.

Is Laich a different player after his injury in Swisherland? Or has the game changed, or both...

Last edited:

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
I would say laich is our new glitter but there's nothing comparable to green to give him that title.

maybe plunger, helped flush yesterday's game now we can put him back under the sink.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Thought Laich was pretty decent today, actually. Maybe managing his minutes and giving his legs some rest with a scratch here and there isn't the worst idea.

that and i think him getting scratched made him mad (at least im hoping) no longer can he feel safe in the lineup

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Brooks did an attempt to hit with some force. I will give him that. That makes him better forechecker in my opinion :P

Also, I've seen flashes of speed from him. I believe he can be more effective. Maybe scratch will make him better.

Galiev is certainly the most useless guy. Average, yes.

Sill could be sent down. Laich-Richards-Latta for the time being.

PS: I've checked Stephenson's situation. He's got exactly 9 games. So his ELC is sliding. That's the guy who will play bottom line C after this current window as a cap control measure. I mean most probably that's the plan for now. So I guess that's why they are calling up Sill and others while they can. Win-win situation. More TOI for Chandler, delayed profit for Caps.

PPS: Hmm, maybe I'm wrong. Generalfanager lists his ELC a year shorter. But there could be 2 slides for him, right?

PPPS: He still can play in playoffs.

Last edited:

billcook

Apr 17, 2012
Stephenson injured for half of month anyway, I doubt they are worried about his ELC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad